The Student Room Group

A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by richpanda
I had a nightmare that I misread a B as an A and thought I'd got AAAA when really I'd got AAAB. Then I woke up and checked and it was still AAAA. Scary.
I feel your pain.
Original post by Bella909
But everything you learn in AS is relevant to the A level course as a whole??
Yes it is relevant; but if you take English Literature for example, the text list is different, meaning for what is meant to be the equivalent unit, you need to study more texts for the A Level in addition to the AS. The exam format is also changed. But fundamentally, you will end up with an A Level and an AS Level in each of the subjects under the new system: essentially one and a half A Levels. So if you take each one separately, in an example where you'd done AS level English Literature, psychology and sociology; you would have the following qualifications if you continued them all through next year:
AS level English Literature,
AS level psychology,
AS level sociology,
A level English Literature,
A level psychology,
A level sociology
That's 6 qualifications in 3 subjects over a two year period.
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
Yes it's two years work idk where 3 comes from. It's just we have to try and remember last year's work as well as this years
The A Level and the AS are separate qualifications. The AS level is a one year course. The A Level is a two year course. 1+2=3.
Original post by elegantelephant
Hey, I clicked 'add qualifications' on the Education section and selected 'GCE Advanced Subsidiary' - I added Sociology but History also appears on this list. I've listed my AS Sociology as a separate qualification from A-level Sociology for now (just put the grade as 'pending' on A-level). Hope this makes sense and sorry if it's not what you asked!
They are separate (decoupled) qualifications so this is all you can do.
Original post by EmilyJ1215
Does anyone on her who has done one of the reformed A Levels have any idea as to how we enter the AS grade on UCAS given the qualification name doesn't appear? There is no option for my history course at AS (only A2) so I don't know where to enter my grade...
They will need to be entered separately because they are separate (decoupled) qualifications.
Original post by brxvebird
Tad disappointed with Literature but I have to redo the exams anyway because they're post reform so it doesn't matter too much.
You don't the exam is different (same name, slightly different content); you may need to learn new stuff.
(edited 7 years ago)
I got AAA in my AS levels in maths bio and chem, should I pick up an AS in physics next year?
My AS results went terribly and especially since I'm applying for Medicine, I'm so scared. What should I do?
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Rotfl:colone:. I got a C for AQA Physics as well :colondollar:

Yup it destroyed me haha! I got the highest mark in the college for my mock and
was predicted a solid A. Don't worry, we will smash physics next year :biggrin:
w
Original post by tessa.lin
My AS results went terribly and especially since I'm applying for Medicine, I'm so scared. What should I do?

what did you get?
Original post by tessa.lin

Chill :biggrin: Everyone, well almost everyone, will get a few bad grades at some point -
this is my first time too, I got ACC. Take it as a learning curve and make it make you motivated to smash A2. You can easily make up for it, evaluate where you went
wrong, work hard and do not give up!
Original post by TrueDAN
Yup it destroyed me haha! I got the highest mark in the college for my mock and
was predicted a solid A. Don't worry, we will smash physics next year :biggrin:

Lol I wish ... I'm dropping that mother****er like a bomb. Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry for me next year. You?
Lol I wish ... I'm dropping that mother****er like a bomb. Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry for me next year. You?

Haha fair enough mate :biggrin: Maths, Further Maths and Physics for me, I dropped
chem halfway through the year and I think I will do EPQ this year as well !
A2 Results
A B C
It was easy as '1 2 3' to get those results :P
Original post by NNB_Herath
Did anyone get all A's for ALL UNITS ( if so how many ) ??

I did! I'm excluding biology because I'm dropping it lol.

So 7 units for me.
Original post by TrueDAN
Haha fair enough mate :biggrin: Maths, Further Maths and Physics for me, I dropped
chem halfway through the year and I think I will do EPQ this year as well !

Degree your'e aspiring to do?
Degree your'e aspiring to do?

Primarily just maths, but if I can nail physics this year then I may do maths and
physics, yourself?
Original post by TrueDAN
Primarily just maths, but if I can nail physics this year then I may do maths and
physics, yourself?
Ah damn tried to give you a rep but the system wouldn't allow me. Maths :badger:
Original post by TrueDAN
Chill :biggrin: Everyone, well almost everyone, will get a few bad grades at some point -
this is my first time too, I got ACC. Take it as a learning curve and make it make you motivated to smash A2. You can easily make up for it, evaluate where you went
wrong, work hard and do not give up!

Thank you for your kind words but I can't help but get worried over whether my grades (BBCD) will get me an interview. Also how can I answer as to why I attained such low grades if they ask? This is a wake up call tbh for me.
Ah damn tried to give you a rep but the system wouldn't allow me. Maths :badger:

Haha ty mate likewise :biggrin: And yeah I think I will more than likely just do maths. Best of luck with your A2s!! :biggrin:
Original post by jamestg
I did! I'm excluding biology because I'm dropping it lol.

So 7 units for me.

Lolz. So, you are doing Maths, History, G&P at A2?
Original post by TrueDAN
Haha ty mate likewise :biggrin: And yeah I think I will more than likely just do maths. Best of luck with your A2s!! :biggrin:
I wish the same to you TrueDAN
Original post by Chittesh14
Lolz. So, you are doing Maths, History, G&P at A2?

Yep!

Hope it goes well haha!
Original post by jamestg
Yep!

Hope it goes well haha!

It should do considering you put the effort into revision, so I'm sure it will. I'd say you've actually done quite well lol so far, the only challenge might be Maths but it won't be hard to overcome because there is tons of help including teachers - the main help!!
Original post by Chittesh14
It should do considering you put the effort into revision, so I'm sure it will. I'd say you've actually done quite well lol so far, the only challenge might be Maths but it won't be hard to overcome because there is tons of help including teachers - the main help!!

True. I'm just a little anxious about getting 180 in my A2 core modules.

At AS I got 178/200, if that happens again I'd be 2 UMS OFF AN A*!!!

Quick Reply

Latest