The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gman786
I applied 2 weeks ago and my application is still being reviewed.

When did you apply and how long did it take to get interview invite?

Thanks

That poster was just bantering, they don't have an interview looool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 381
Original post by Yua
any tips application wise?

Have a sick CV. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A Real Quick QN Gs

I'm going warwick and i already know which fin/econ as well as EC societies i plan on joining; tho i get there on 1st Oct; which is bordering on a ever so slightly late app if i was to wait until then, join the uni and socieities and then write it on my cv and then submit the app. Is it lying to write down the societies i know i'll join even tho i am not even at the uni?
Original post by tazza ma razza
A Real Quick QN Gs

I'm going warwick and i already know which fin/econ as well as EC societies i plan on joining; tho i get there on 1st Oct; which is bordering on a ever so slightly late app if i was to wait until then, join the uni and socieities and then write it on my cv and then submit the app. Is it lying to write down the societies i know i'll join even tho i am not even at the uni?

no

Posted from TSR Mobile
A Real Quick QN Gs

Tbh just writing you're attending the fin/econ societies isn't doesn't really mean much, I mean no **** you're going to be attending them, everyone will lol. They're not going to ring up any societies to confirm you go to them.
Reply 385
A Real Quick QN Gs

Lol I was just looking at their societies page just now.
Deffo join the wine and whisky one!

maybe say your gonna join them aha

(Y) cheers mate - so, i could send off an app on sept 20th saying that i will join 'Y soc' even tho i will get there oct 1st and its all good?

Original post by Terry Tibbs
Tbh just writing you're attending the fin/econ societies isn't doesn't really mean much, I mean no **** you're going to be attending them, everyone will lol. They're not going to ring up any societies to confirm you go to them.

loooool fair shout man, i didn't think of it that way aha

Original post by Rkai01
Lol I was just looking at their societies page just now.
Deffo join the wine and whisky one!

maybe say your gonna join them aha

Lol yh that looked jokes
(Y) cheers mate - so, i could send off an app on sept 20th saying that i will join 'Y soc' even tho i will get there oct 1st and its all good?

Deffo

Posted from TSR Mobile

niiiiice. Big Up yourself, cheers (Y)
A Real Quick QN Gs

More about getting a leadership position. Thats impressive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword
More about getting a leadership position. Thats impressive

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh man, but for 1st years applying for SW that is not possible; given applications to get a leadership position on a society open past the deadline for SW applications.

But for SI yh sure, that is the goal aha
Original post by Princepieman
That poster was just bantering, they don't have an interview looool

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not though? They have a phone interview and I've got it... Haha
Original post by Gman786
I applied 2 weeks ago and my application is still being reviewed.

When did you apply and how long did it take to get interview invite?

Thanks

Applied 8th Aug. Took like a week. I am already doing an internship here though, finishing on Friday.
yh man, but for 1st years applying for SW that is not possible; given applications to get a leadership position on a society open past the deadline for SW applications.

But for SI yh sure, that is the goal aha

So true haha. I think lots of summer apps don't have spring weeks because they tend to defer and use the year to infiltrate into diff societies and make a better application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JackR7821
I'm not though? They have a phone interview and I've got it... Haha

Nah, I know them, it was a joke. I'm not sure about you though lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah, I know them, it was a joke. I'm not sure about you though lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Know JP or that person? aha. Guess you all know eachother then lool
Original post by JackR7821
Know JP or that person? aha. Guess you all know eachother then lool

That person :') And nah don't know everyone on this thread irl.

Grats on the interview though dude, good effort!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adrono
Any idea how I could convert my Italian Diploma score into UCAS points? I achieved an overall of 85%, not sure what it would be. You'd say I'm in the range?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, definitely above the range.

Posted from TSR Mobile

85% is not above the average - Imperial, for example, makes offers of 99% average for A*A*A courses (for the Italian diploma) - watch out for giving advice to international applicants
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
85% is not above the average - Imperial, for example, makes offers of 99% average for A*A*A courses

Yh, but no bank sets a minimum UCAS point boundary at 400.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
85% is not above the average - Imperial, for example, makes offers of 99% average for A*A*A courses (for the Italian diploma) - watch out for giving advice to international applicants

Yeah I know it's not above average for many prestigious universities. Usually A*AA = 95% overall, though my question was specifically about banks.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a tool that allows me to convert my grade into UCAS points. Credit Suisse, for example, while completing the application, required me to state the band in which my Diploma % grade falls, and it was like 80-90; 90-100, therefore leaving me to select the former, which I hope will cut it.

Latest

Trending

Trending