The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Halifax Accommodation

Basically I've been put into my eight choice accommodation (despite applying early and York being my firm) and I am gutted. Did anyone ever live in Halifax in a standard, shared bathroom halls? I'm in Younger court, I literally couldn't be any more annoyed since I desperately wanted ensuite due to health reasons, but now they won't even help me if I get a letter from the GP to confirm that I need my own bathroom and who is going to swap with me for such a downgrade. Please, if anyone has lived in this accommodation, give me a little glimmer of hope. It's making me really miserable, anxious and upset about the idea of going.
Original post by fldem
Basically I've been put into my eight choice accommodation (despite applying early and York being my firm) and I am gutted. Did anyone ever live in Halifax in a standard, shared bathroom halls? I'm in Younger court, I literally couldn't be any more annoyed since I desperately wanted ensuite due to health reasons, but now they won't even help me if I get a letter from the GP to confirm that I need my own bathroom and who is going to swap with me for such a downgrade. Please, if anyone has lived in this accommodation, give me a little glimmer of hope. It's making me really miserable, anxious and upset about the idea of going.

Hi there,

I would recommend that you advertise your room for a swap on our Accommodation Adverts page. You will be able to see here other students who are looking for different rooms on campus. To see more about the swap process, have a look here.
Halifax College was our most requested this year so I'm sure there will be many people who would be happy to have this type of accommodation, for varying factors such as price, car parking, being in self-catered accommodation, and being in Halifax College.

We do ask in the application for any information you might need to tell us regarding your health, welfare or disability by 31st July so we can match you to the most suitable room. We will be assisting those who originally provided this information first and as our campus accommodation is currently full, this is the reason we will not be able to assist you with an ensuite room.

You might also like to take a look at our Halifax page to see pictures, 360s and more about the facilities Halifax offers.

Thanks,
Annie
Accommodation Services
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending