The Student Room Group

It's a disgrace that Britain is not welcoming the Calais refugees

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
lol it's like you're accusing me of being consistent
it's like you're telling the law of gravity "oh so a rock will fall off a cliff? OH SO I GUESS THAT MEANS THAT THE MOON WILL REVOLVE AROUND THE EARTH? LMAO" err yes actually, that's gravity being "consistent" with its logic. gravity applies itself logically and hence gravity affects all matter, not just rocks...:/ hence, I'm talking about all immigrants, and all the consequences of wars.

"its like *insert blatantly wrong, extrapolated, hyperbolic metaphor of what I said*"

You can be read like a spreadsheet bro
Original post by alevelstresss
"its like *insert blatantly wrong, extrapolated, hyperbolic metaphor of what I said*"

You can be read like a spreadsheet bro

what was the metaphor I made exactly? I made conclusions which made use of the logic of the statements made by the other user
what was the metaphor I made exactly? I made conclusions which made use of the logic of the statements made by the other user

you always make the wrong conclusion though lmao
you always make the wrong conclusion though lmao

1) what was the metaphor?
2) what was the illogical conclusion?
And arguably letting them establish their own 'backwards culture' islands would be even more disastrous

Better they do it somewhere remote, away from the general populace than in our towns and cities. Though this discussion is moot really as they are already in our towns and cities, and we are already starting to witness the fallout, increases in crime, sexual violence, terror incidents etc, increasing resentment and hostility towards migrants and non-Europeans as a whole. I don't see this situation ending at all well for any of us, both for migrants and native Europeans.
Original post by Jammy Duel
So when are you going to take the government to court and force them to let in all the economic migrants and terrorists?

I said go away and come back when you cna talk about asylum and refugee law properly.

Your comment is very dim.
1) what was the metaphor?
2) what was the illogical conclusion?

go back and see how you make absurd conclusions about the OP wanting open-door policy, when he/she clearly just wants to welcome the Calais refugees.
go back and see how you make absurd conclusions about the OP wanting open-door policy, when he/she clearly just wants to welcome the Calais refugees.

um, no? you claimed I made a metaphor and a wrong conclusion - *you* tell me what the **** I said. because I'm not claiming to have *ever* made a metaphorical or invalid statement here. a logical conclusion based on certain premises is not a metaphor.
(edited 7 years ago)
um, no? you claimed I made a metaphor and a wrong conclusion - *you* tell me what the **** I said. because I'm not claiming to have *ever* made a metaphorical or invalid statement here.

Clearly you had a hard time understanding that my comment was in response to the illogical conclusion you made.

If you are also too dumb to find the metaphor, it was your comparison of my argument being equivalent to some nonsense about gravity and the moon, which you probably don't understand either.
#RefugeesWelcome
Original post by Iridocyclitis
These people are desperate. They are forced to live in squalid conditions, with crime and other horrid things commonplace. There are children there.

They just want the chance to enter Britain to escape violence and warfare - and yes for a better life for themselves and their families.

Why are we being so intolerant and inhumane by not welcoming them to our country which has a proud tradition of homing refugees?

France is actually a safe country.
(edited 7 years ago)
Calais jungle 'refugees' = economic migrants/potential ISIS terroristsif they were genuine refugees they would've been happy in any safe/stable country
Where we gonna house 'em all eh? There's already a chronic social housing shortage in the UK, largely due to mass migration. A large hotel nearby to me has been allocated to house Syrian refugees (rent-free, naturally). Everyone that lives near by is disgusted by this. They roam the local area In gangs, shoplifting from shops (charity shops even)- because people like that have no decorum or scruples it's a way of life in their home country. Letting people in with vastly dissimilar culture to our own is just asking for trouble if you ask me.
Original post by joecphillips
France is actually a safe country.

Doesnt mean they have to claim asylum there, though.
Original post by 999tigger
Doesnt mean they have to claim asylum there, though.

actually yes it does

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Regulation

The laws' the thing........
Nope, they should not be allowed in.
Original post by Aceadria
Nope, they should not be allowed in.

And if they do get in, sent back to France.
Original post by BaconandSauce
actually yes it does

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Regulation

The laws' the thing........

Thanks for reminding me about the law, alwats good you understand it and include all of it.

The law is actually contained in the 1951 UN Convention on Refugees.

http://www.unhcr.org/uk/1951-refugee-convention.html

Dublin regulations are only some administrative rules created by EU countries that operate between themselves on who deals with an asulym claim. the rules dont actually work and ahve been more or less abandoned. The EU now has an agreement with Turkey and is following the quota route.

4. There is no legal requirement for a refugee to claim asylum in any particular country
Neither the 1951 Refugee Convention nor EU law requires a refugee to claim asylum in one country rather than another.

There is no rule requiring refugees to claim in the first safe country in which they arrive.

The EU does run a system called the Dublin Regulations which allows one EU country to require another to accept responsibility for an asylum claim where certain conditions apply.

The relevant conditions include that the person is shown to have previously entered that other EU country or made a claim there. This is supposed to share responsibility for asylum claims more equitably among EU countries and discourage people moving on from one EU country to another. But it doesn’t work.

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/truth-about-refugees
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Where we gonna house 'em all eh? There's already a chronic social housing shortage in the UK, largely due to mass migration. A large hotel nearby to me has been allocated to house Syrian refugees (rent-free, naturally). Everyone that lives near by is disgusted by this. They roam the local area In gangs, shoplifting from shops (charity shops even)- because people like that have no decorum or scruples it's a way of life in their home country. Letting people in with vastly dissimilar culture to our own is just asking for trouble if you ask me.

Where is this??
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Where is this??

Manchester.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending