The Student Room Group

My straight A*s challenge and how to stay motivated!

Hello everyone!
I know lots of people (including myself) tend to procrastinate and are highly unmotivated to revise for their final exams. This thread is to help you overcome procrastination and stay motivated whilst studying for your exams.
First of all, I haven't done any revision over the holidays which means that I have to try really hard to get the grades I need to go to uni (ABB).
MY GOALS:
Maths: A* (current grade: C)
German: A* (current grade: B)
Greek: A* (current grade: A*)
There are only 3 weeks left and I'm highly motivated to revise every day to get the grades I need!
Here are some tips for you to stay motivated:
#1: DO NOT PUSH YOURSELF TOO MUCH!
If you really want to improve your marks, you shouldn't push yourself and study 5 or 6 hours without a break. It's very important to take breaks and relax between study sessions. For instance, you could study for an hour and have a 10-15 minute break after that study session. After that break, you should immediately continue to revise!
#2: DRINK WATER!
It's really really really important to drink enough water! You have to keep your body hydrated or else you won't be able to concentrate properly. If you tend to forget to drink enough water, you could either use your phone to notify you to drink or you could drink a glass of water before every study session.
#3: STOP PROCRASTINATING!
I know it's hard to stop procrastinating, especially when you've got loads of work to do and you're not motivated to study at all. BUT here's a solution: WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR FUTURE-YOU. This really helped me so much! I basically wrote down the things I want to accomplish in life and how to get there. So whenever I feel like procrastinating, I re-read my letter and it makes me feel motivated to study! Honestly, what's the point of procrastination anyway? Procrastination keeps you from doing your very best and that's exactly what you need to do in order to accomplish the things you want! So stop procrastinating! Think of your future! Don't you want your family and friends to be proud of you? STOP PROCRASTINATING THEN!

I really hope my 3 tips helped you and feel free to comment and share your top 3 study and revision tips :smile:

PS: I'll keep track of my progress in this thread and hopefully I'll get the grades I need!

GOOD LUCK! I wish you all the best xx
Original post by TheHonourable
Hello everyone!
I know lots of people (including myself) tend to procrastinate and are highly unmotivated to revise for their final exams. This thread is to help you overcome procrastination and stay motivated whilst studying for your exams.
First of all, I haven't done any revision over the holidays which means that I have to try really hard to get the grades I need to go to uni (ABB).
MY GOALS:
Maths: A* (current grade: C)
German: A* (current grade: B)
Greek: A* (current grade: A*)
There are only 3 weeks left and I'm highly motivated to revise every day to get the grades I need!
Here are some tips for you to stay motivated:
#1: DO NOT PUSH YOURSELF TOO MUCH!
If you really want to improve your marks, you shouldn't push yourself and study 5 or 6 hours without a break. It's very important to take breaks and relax between study sessions. For instance, you could study for an hour and have a 10-15 minute break after that study session. After that break, you should immediately continue to revise!
#2: DRINK WATER!
It's really really really important to drink enough water! You have to keep your body hydrated or else you won't be able to concentrate properly. If you tend to forget to drink enough water, you could either use your phone to notify you to drink or you could drink a glass of water before every study session.
#3: STOP PROCRASTINATING!
I know it's hard to stop procrastinating, especially when you've got loads of work to do and you're not motivated to study at all. BUT here's a solution: WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR FUTURE-YOU. This really helped me so much! I basically wrote down the things I want to accomplish in life and how to get there. So whenever I feel like procrastinating, I re-read my letter and it makes me feel motivated to study! Honestly, what's the point of procrastination anyway? Procrastination keeps you from doing your very best and that's exactly what you need to do in order to accomplish the things you want! So stop procrastinating! Think of your future! Don't you want your family and friends to be proud of you? STOP PROCRASTINATING THEN!

I really hope my 3 tips helped you and feel free to comment and share your top 3 study and revision tips :smile:

PS: I'll keep track of my progress in this thread and hopefully I'll get the grades I need!

GOOD LUCK! I wish you all the best xx

Good luck :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
Good luck :smile:

Thanks!:smile:
good luck, we're in this together - I'm in the same sort of position as you but at AS, and had been in last year with gcses (luckily I got the grades I wanted)
Reply 4
Good luck!
Reply 5
good luck :smile: i am sure that you will achieve!
Good luck! You might be interested in posting this in the Grow Your Grades forum, there are loads of like minded people who are chronicling their revision as well! You can find that forum here and more information here. :yay:
Original post by Fox Corner
Good luck! You might be interested in posting this in the Grow Your Grades forum, there are loads of like minded people who are chronicling their revision as well! You can find that forum here and more information here. :yay:
Thanks! I'll check it out :smile:
Weekly update:
Hello! I've actually been really productive this week :smile: I was revising for 7 hours this weekend and my goal is to revise at least 18 hours throughout the next week. How was your week and how's your revision going?
My advice would be to not listen to your teachers putting you down etc. All my teachers didn't believe I could get A* (apart from my psychology teachers who believed in me), even after I got high UMS in all my subjects at AS, my bio and Chem teachers thought it was a one time lucky fluke thing, and saved all their praise and pep talks for their favourite typical A* keen students.
Quietly plod along in your own journey and work your hardest, ask for help when you need it but quietly chip away and you will reap the rewards :smile:
I got straight As apart from Maths so I made it!:smile:
Original post by Pinkberry_y
My advice would be to not listen to your teachers putting you down etc. All my teachers didn't believe I could get A* (apart from my psychology teachers who believed in me), even after I got high UMS in all my subjects at AS, my bio and Chem teachers thought it was a one time lucky fluke thing, and saved all their praise and pep talks for their favourite typical A* keen students.
Quietly plod along in your own journey and work your hardest, ask for help when you need it but quietly chip away and you will reap the rewards :smile:

Thanks, I don't have to worry about grades anymore since I made it to my firm choice uni! :smile: Hard work pays off!
All the best :smile: I'm doing German too are you native speaking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dreamsneverend15
All the best :smile: I'm doing German too are you native speaking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, is it that obvious?😂 That's cool! I'll be studying Classics and Philosophy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending