The Student Room Group

Guys, could you live in your current relationship with no sex?

Scroll to see replies

I'm in a long distance relationship. So, uh. Could I live in my current relationship with no sex?

Yeah.
Reply 21
Is this just aimed at guys or anyone? As a hetero girl this would be an issue for me.

I guess the problem is the change from sexual to asexual. You enter the relationship on a sexual basis and then that goes... same how any drastic change can put strain on a relationship.

If people entered into an asexual relationship and that was already the understanding it'd probably be a lot easier to sustain.
I don't think I could
I'm not a guy, but...
I can deal with a long distance relationship, knowing that I can get jiggy with it when I next see them, but a completely sexless relationship isn't for me...it would just feel like being best friends with someone.
Original post by donutellme
@eden3 maynneeee.... no bustin nuts? MAYNEEE

ohhh mayyynnne, them sweet walls needs some nuttttzzzzz alll kindddzzz of nutttzzz
Reply 25
Original post by donutellme
@eden3 maynneeee.... no bustin nuts? MAYNEEE

ahhhh HELLL NAAAWWWWWW watchuu tawkin mayne, i aint about dat bull****
Reply 26
Original post by HelpMyGerman
ohhh mayyynnne, them sweet walls needs some nuttttzzzzz alll kindddzzz of nutttzzz

ALL KIIIiiinds
No chance. What do you take me for? ***** can **** off if she ain't gonna **** me.

Also, there is no such thing as an asexual woman. Humans by definition are not asexual. Unless you mean she is frigid or sterile, in which case that is a different story.
Original post by asif007
No chance. What do you take me for? ***** can **** off if she ain't gonna **** me.

Also, there is no such thing as an asexual woman. Humans by definition are not asexual. Unless you mean she is frigid or sterile, in which case that is a different story.

Fair enough you wouldnt thats fine but calling her a *****..dont be so soft. Why would she be a ***** just because she is like that?
Reply 29
I'm a girl but I couldn't be with someone I couldn't have sex with
Original post by Anonymous
Fair enough you wouldnt thats fine but calling her a *****..dont be so soft. Why would she be a ***** just because she is like that?

Lol, I don't see how that's being soft. Women try to use sex to manipulate men into doing whatever they want. Withdrawing sex is a commonly used tactic, but sex is part of every healthy relationship. So any woman who deliberately does that in order to sabotage a relationship is a ***** in my books.

You never heard the saying "B*****s be crazy"?
Probably

Since being on SSRIs that kind of relationship has probably become an ideal one considering my **** stopped working.
Maybe. ☺️
Original post by asif007
Lol, I don't see how that's being soft. Women try to use sex to manipulate men into doing whatever they want. Withdrawing sex is a commonly used tactic, but sex is part of every healthy relationship. So any woman who deliberately does that in order to sabotage a relationship is a ***** in my books.

You never heard the saying "B*****s be crazy"?

Ah I see why you are angry now, yes some girls do that to be nasty and use sex as a form of control but there are some people, if few, who just have low sex drive (women and men). Also for some women intercourse hurts for various reasons. They may not give a definate no to sex but would be hard to initiate passion/intimacy with if they are not the touchy/feely type and if they arn't so keen on intercourse. In the op I didnt mean saying no to sex in order to control.
Wait?
Why am I here?
I'm a virgin
shed be out the door before she could even finish telling me her story
Ah I see why you are angry now, yes some girls do that to be nasty and use sex as a form of control but there are some people, if few, who just have low sex drive (women and men). Also for some women intercourse hurts for various reasons. They may not give a definate no to sex but would be hard to initiate passion/intimacy with if they are not the touchy/feely type and if they arn't so keen on intercourse. In the op I didnt mean saying no to sex in order to control.

Low libido is a medical condition, sometimes as a result of depression which is easily treatable. It's no excuse for giving a man the cold shoulder and deliberately annoying/manipulating him just cos she doesn't want to see a doctor about her problem. The same goes for girls who have a healthy sex drive but use sex to blackmail men - they do it deliberately in order to get a reaction out of a man. That's unacceptable. Which is why any woman in a relationship who doesn't want to have sex is a ***** - because she can easily do something about it but she chooses not to. Instead they make life more difficult for men and then blame their own problems on us.

If a woman isn't the "touchy-feely" type then she needs to be honest with a man and tell him straight up instead of welcoming his advances but then telling him to stop at the most inconvenient times. How would you like it if a partner did that to you? Fair enough, girls might not always be in the mood for sex as much as guys but if she is consistently withdrawn and not making an effort, I wouldn't blame a guy for telling her to **** off and moving on.
Not at all, sex is an important part of a relationship and if it stops, the relationship would seize to continue :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asif007
Low libido is a medical condition, sometimes as a result of depression which is easily treatable. It's no excuse for giving a man the cold shoulder and deliberately annoying/manipulating him just cos she doesn't want to see a doctor about her problem. The same goes for girls who have a healthy sex drive but use sex to blackmail men - they do it deliberately in order to get a reaction out of a man. That's unacceptable. Which is why any woman in a relationship who doesn't want to have sex is a ***** - because she can easily do something about it but she chooses not to. Instead they make life more difficult for men and then blame their own problems on us.

If a woman isn't the "touchy-feely" type then she needs to be honest with a man and tell him straight up instead of welcoming his advances but then telling him to stop at the most inconvenient times. How would you like it if a partner did that to you? Fair enough, girls might not always be in the mood for sex as much as guys but if she is consistently withdrawn and not making an effort, I wouldn't blame a guy for telling her to **** off and moving on.

In some situations though is it control as problems in the relationship etc can affect sex drive. I think libido can often differ slightly for men and women as in for a man it tends to be more black and white and responds to visual input ie he is attracted to a woman or he isn't. With women I think it differs slightly in that they often have to feel emotionally attached to the man to feel turned on. If she has sex and isn't turned on it can hurt a lot. Though this could be used as an excuse by a woman for not having sex I think it's important to bear in mind. Again you say that any woman who doesn't want sex in a relationship is a ***** but I suppose it's hard for someone with a good sex drive to understand that some just arn't that keen on it. For example I can get turned on a little by specific things in foreplay but kissing or intercourse do nothing for me, in fact intercourse hurts. Though I can see how it would be pleasurable for a guy.
In some situations though is it control as problems in the relationship etc can affect sex drive. I think libido can often differ slightly for men and women as in for a man it tends to be more black and white and responds to visual input ie he is attracted to a woman or he isn't. With women I think it differs slightly in that they often have to feel emotionally attached to the man to feel turned on. If she has sex and isn't turned on it can hurt a lot. Though this could be used as an excuse by a woman for not having sex I think it's important to bear in mind. Again you say that any woman who doesn't want sex in a relationship is a ***** but I suppose it's hard for someone with a good sex drive to understand that some just arn't that keen on it. For example I can get turned on a little by specific things in foreplay but kissing or intercourse do nothing for me, in fact intercourse hurts. Though I can see how it would be pleasurable for a guy.

If you're talking about low libido as a result of poor attraction to a partner, that's a different story. Couples need to work on the problems in their relationships before they can have sex that is satisfying for both of them. Men put in a lot of effort going out on dates, getting to know a woman better and maintaining a steady relationship with her so she can feel comfortable and attracted to him before sex even comes into question. Men already understand that a woman has different requirements in order to feel attracted to a partner and comfortable enough for sex. The point is that even while men are in steady relationships with women, they still receive BS and one excuse after another about why a woman doesn't want to have sex - and it's almost exclusively because it doesn't suit her. That's not compromise, that's being selfish. Obviously men have a higher sex drive than most women do, but if she is still refusing sex with a person she is "emotionally attached" to, what's the point in a man putting in all that effort for no reward? Hence why I would encourage any man to cut a girl loose if she treats him like that. We might enjoy sex but we have self-respect and we won't be treated like **** with false promises of sex. Just look at this for example - do you think what this woman did to her husband was fair?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relationships/10979082/Frustrated-husband-creates-spreadsheet-of-wifes-excuses-for-not-having-sex-with-him.html

For you personally, if intercourse hurts - that's a medical problem. But it's not just your problem, it's a problem for your partner too. You might think it's no big deal and you don't have to do anything about it, but it will affect a man deeply if you are apathetic about glaringly obvious sexual problems. Go and see your doctor, do something about it and get it sorted. But because girls rarely ever do that unless they are concerned themselves, it doesn't surprise me that men move on and look for the next chick who won't create unnecessary problems, arguments and stress about sex. You're right though - from a man's point of view, it is hard for us to understand because we have healthy sex drives and we do look at it in black and white. We know that - all we're asking is for women to work with us and not make it more difficult than it needs to be. Women make such a big deal about sex - first they want it, then they get to the bedroom and they don't feel like it any more, then they make fake promises about next time and the cycle goes on. If sex does happen, she usually puts no effort in and just lies there like a corpse. Don't be surprised if a man eventually gets fed up and moves on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending