The Student Room Group

Tips for losing weight?

Anyone have any tips apart from obviously eating less and exercising more?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The obvious is naturally the best :smile: drinking plenty of water, and having decent sleep, is supposed to help
drink lots of water, always start the day off by having lemon juice and honey mixed into warm water and drink it every morning.
but the most obvious is what actually works

yes drink a LOT of water. as in OD on it. because the more you drink the more it fills you up. no one can do a starvation diet on its own, so drink water as it fills you up plus has no calories and eat within a small amount of calories and you will definitely lose weight that way. worked for me
How does water help you lose weight? Won't it make you heavier because you have more water in your body? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yungaheartz
but the most obvious is what actually works

yes drink a LOT of water. as in OD on it. because the more you drink the more it fills you up. no one can do a starvation diet on its own, so drink water as it fills you up plus has no calories and eat within a small amount of calories and you will definitely lose weight that way. worked for me

Ah I see well if it fills me up that's great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I heard that burning more calories than you consume is helpful
Think of it like a complete lifestyle overhaul and make small changes in your life initially. Make a diary of what you eat on a normal day before you started losing weight and target areas where you could not eat that food or that snack and not miss it, as opposed to cutting out a whole food group eg carbs which would not be sustainable.
Replace white pasta, bread and rice with brown whole meal
If you're having biscuits, instead of the whole packet or like 6, have one or two
Cut out fizzy drinks
Replace shop bought ready meals or sandwiches with home made
That kind of thing
Original post by davidguettafan
How does water help you lose weight? Won't it make you heavier because you have more water in your body? :smile:

:laugh: I knew this staying up late on TSR was gonna pay off with some humor at some point before I log off...:lolz:thanks for this, really
Anyone have any tips apart from obviously eating less and exercising more?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Change your diet to veg, complex carbs and lean proteins.

Consistent commitment plus routine will help.

If you arent commited then you wont sustain it.
Join MFP and get friends.
Reply 10
Eat healthy food

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm assuming you want to lose fat rather than general weight? If so, why does that matter?
Original post by 999tigger
Change your diet to veg, complex carbs and lean proteins.

Consistent commitment plus routine will help.

If you arent commited then you wont sustain it.
Join MFP and get friends.

What is MFP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by retro_turtles
drink lots of water, always start the day off by having lemon juice and honey mixed into warm water and drink it every morning.

He's looking to get rid ofsome weight, not a cold :rofl:
sex!

myfitnesspal

You either are prepared to lose weight or you arent.

If you dont have any willpower remove all the temptations out of the house.
I suggest things like green tea and Grapefruit on a daily basis as are natural fat burners.
Also popcorn as is filling yet low in calories for like replacement crisps and snacks.
And jelly as a treat, again low calories.
But make sure a balanced diet really.

If really desperate for quick weight loss would suggest the Cambridge diet, also weight loss pills.
sounds like bad advice but if you're desperate what I did was eat very little and did HIIT for 8mins 3x a week

yesterday I ate literally only an apple and a sandwich because i woke up at 2pm lol
Not so much eat less, eat the right stuff.
Reply 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you drink water you'll feel full most of the time, thus you'll eat less. The body ''gets confused'' at times and makes you believe you're hungry when you're actually not. This is why you should always drink a glass of water before you start eating; just in case it's thirst, and not hunger.
Also, it won't make you heavier. Water goes out the same way it goes in. You need water to stay hydrated and healthy. You'll eventually pee the remaining fluids your body doesn't need.

Quick Reply

Latest