The Student Room Group

How to get an A* in the reformed A-levels?

I got AAAA this year, i was wondering what I need to get an A* in reformed A-levels next year since there are no more "modules"...
is it 90% across all your exams?
Reply 1
Original post by Someboady
I got AAAA this year, i was wondering what I need to get an A* in reformed A-levels next year since there are no more "modules"...
is it 90% across all your exams?

As you are probably aware there is no ums in linear subjects anymore, just raw marks. The people who set the grade boundaries will set a raw mark boundary for A*, A, B, C etc. And if the total mark from all your papers meet the A* boundary then you get an A*
Original post by BR1999
As you are probably aware there is no ums in linear subjects anymore, just raw marks. The people who set the grade boundaries will set a raw mark boundary for A*, A, B, C etc. And if the total mark from all your papers meet the A* boundary then you get an A*

When applying to Cambridge what would happen? They require sending your UMS don't they so now what are they going to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by DamnDaniel2
When applying to Cambridge what would happen? They require sending your UMS don't they so now what are they going to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ask for your raw mark?
Original post by zayn008
Ask for your raw mark?

Could be lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by DamnDaniel2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apart from the raw mark there really isn't anything else to go off, becasue the UMS for linear subjects doesn't exist anymore. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest