The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3740
Any thoughts on what maths we should be doing in the coming weeks before we arrive to be prepared for the tripos (more STEP? BMO? nothing? example sheets?)
Don't forget about this thread :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4257222
University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Don't forget about this thread :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4257222
University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can we not merge the two together?
what banks are interesting for internationals
Original post by Axiomara

Interesting banks??
Original post by vincrows
Interesting banks??

This made me laugh more than it should have :rofl:
Reply 3746

I think the last thing you want is for your bank to be interesting. If anything about my bank makes my heart rate rise something has gone horribly wrong.
Original post by alow
I think the last thing you want is for your bank to be interesting. If anything about my bank makes my heart rate rise something has gone horribly wrong.

That awkward moment when payments don't process quickly and one day you're 300 quid down.
Original post by Serine Soul
Can we not merge the two together?

I think it's usual to have seperate Fresher's Thread. :smile:

e.g. 2015 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3502469
Original post by 124375
Hi everyone!
I haven't actually seen my college yet and they don't have any upcoming open days so do you think they'd let me have a look around it in the holidays just for a short bit to see the accommodation and stuff with my parents or would this be weird? Thanks and congrats to all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes - you can look around all the public areas (but not accomodation) just by asking a porter at the gate and explaining you will be coming to college in Oct.

If you want to see accomodation try calling the admissions dept and arrange a guided tour. It shouldn't be a problem. The reason why accomodation can be a litlle more complicated is because the rooms are used for conferences and summer schools during vacation.
Original post by 124375
Hi everyone!
I haven't actually seen my college yet and they don't have any upcoming open days so do you think they'd let me have a look around it in the holidays just for a short bit to see the accommodation and stuff with my parents or would this be weird? Thanks and congrats to all!

If you ask the porters they will let you have a look around. Not sure whether you'll get to look at bedrooms given they may be in use for corporate events but you should be able to see all of the "public" areas.
Original post by Saracen's Fez
If you ask the porters they will let you have a look around. Not sure whether you'll get to look at bedrooms given they may be in use for corporate events but you should be able to see all of the "public" areas.

:five:
Ok, I reply properly.

Cam's riverbanks, during Bumps.
Original post by jneill
:five:

Great minds...
Original post by vincrows
Ok, I reply properly.

Cam's riverbanks, during Bumps.

You're in top form :rofl:
Original post by C0balt
You're in top form :rofl:

:biggrin:
Though my reply is not quite accurate as you don't have to be international for it to be interesting.
So if I already have a bank account, do I have to get a student bank account as well?
Original post by Whizbox
So if I already have a bank account, do I have to get a student bank account as well?

You don't have to.

But there are benefits (cheap overdraft, etc) and you can have more than one current account...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jweo
Any thoughts on what maths we should be doing in the coming weeks before we arrive to be prepared for the tripos (more STEP? BMO? nothing? example sheets?)

**** step.
**** that ****.
I would just get familiar with some content tbh. Or do nothing. Either will help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Whizbox

Nah, but I'm opening an extra savings account alongside my current, for emergencies!

Latest

Trending

Trending