The Student Room Group

Changing University after Foundation Year!

Hi, I would like to ask about the SFE funding procedure and eligibility for students changing university after foundation year.

I have been offered direct entry into first year of UEL BSc accounting and finance after successfully completing my foundation year at Anglia Ruskin University.

If I changed my University, would it also effect my funding from SFE, however I'll be studying the same next level as I'd study in my current Uni.
Original post by Ultimate12570
Hi, I would like to ask about the SFE funding procedure and eligibility for students changing university after foundation year.

I have been offered direct entry into first year of UEL BSc accounting and finance after successfully completing my foundation year at Anglia Ruskin University.

If I changed my University, would it also effect my funding from SFE, however I'll be studying the same next level as I'd study in my current Uni.

This will depend on the course you transfer onto

If you transfer into year 1 of a new course *with a foundation year* (ie the course is 4 years long as it is reported to SFE by the university) then your finance will be unaffected.

If you transfer into yr 1 of a course *with no foundation year* (ie a 3 year course) then your foundation year will count as your "gift" year. You would therefore have 3 years of funding remaining...which in most cases will be fine but you will have used up your chance to repeat a year if something goes wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending