The Student Room Group

Would my uni give me an offer with bad AS grades?

I got a U in biology, an E in Re and IT and a C in sociology... Would my university grades overlook these grades if i have a reallyyyyyyy good personal statement or not? I want to study midwifery in uni in the future.

Btw if i have a reallyyyyyyy good personal statement...?
Depends on what your teachers decide to predict you now! What universities are you thinking of?
Original post by Kalikuku
I got a U in biology, an E in Re and IT and a C in sociology... Would my university grades overlook these grades if i have a reallyyyyyyy good personal statement or not? I want to study midwifery in uni in the future.

Btw if i have a reallyyyyyyy good personal statement...?

No personal statement is going to compensate for not having the academic grades. You are going to need to resit if you want to study midwifery, which is very competitive.
Reply 3
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No personal statement is going to compensate for not having the academic grades. You are going to need to resit if you want to study midwifery, which is very competitive.

Is it possible for me to retake whilst doing my A2? Would this be recommended?

I really strongly do not want to repeat the year for personal reasons but i feel like this year i will feel much more motivated to do the work than i did in year 12.
Is it possible for me to retake whilst doing my A2? Would this be recommended?

I really strongly do not want to repeat the year for personal reasons but i feel like this year i will feel much more motivated to do the work than i did in year 12.

Most people resit at the same time as doing their A2. Have a talk with your head of sixth form about what the best thing is for you, and what the school can offer.
Reply 5
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Most people resit at the same time as doing their A2. Have a talk with your head of sixth form about what the best thing is for you, and what the school can offer.

One last question

Would you reccommend me retaking all my AS results, or just my biology one?
One last question

Retake Biology and RE I'd say
One last question

That's a matter for you to decide in consultation with your teachers. You need to be very honest with yourself about why you didn't do well this time and whether doing too many exams in the summer will spoil your chances of doing well in the others. We can't tell you that, but people who know you will be better placed to advise.
Reply 8
Original post by elleinterrupted
Retake Biology and RE I'd say

I'm planning on dropping re 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending