The Student Room Group

Sleeping with my Best Friends ex

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by GlitterandGold-x
To date someone a friend was seeing casually / had no serious relationship with / was never that into - I can see why that might be ok.
But to date a best friend's ex immediately after the break-up is sneaky af. Especially as a best friend is someone she would have confided in after the split, and for OP to 'support' her friend whilst shagging the ex is ****ed up.
Would you be ok with it if your friend screwed your ex immediately after a break-up and didn't tell you about it ?
Oh - and to give some advice to OP. You ****ed up. Tell your friend what happened, apologise and accept whatever comes your way...

Oh I wouldn't go out with the girl straight away after the break up, that's just straight up insensitive, but when weeks/months are passing, then the window of opportunity is certainly open.
Reply 41
Original post by Vyres
Oh I wouldn't go out with the girl straight away after the break up, that's just straight up insensitive, but when weeks/months are passing, then the window of opportunity is certainly open.

Fair enough but you obviously didn't read the original post as that is exactly what OP did and you are in support of her. OP said her best friend and her boyfriend broke up like a week ago.

Edit: OP why did you have sex with him FOUR times?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by lonyeka
Fair enough but you obviously didn't read the original post as that is exactly what OP did and you are in support of her. OP said her best friend and her boyfriend broke up like a week ago.

My mistake then, I should of read the entire post a little more carefully.
Original post by NatoHeadshot
She's asking for help and you guys are just telling her she's terrible.
You know maybe you shouldn't tell her because I'm not sure o the type of friendship you have, but eventually it will come out. As said above, be ready to lose a friend. Don't do it again, and leave any digital evidence of it happening

Shut up before i shag your ex
Reply 44
You're going to hurt for this...
You have no respect for your friend. It's not about him, you don't care about him. This has been a snide way to hurt her; to have the things she had out of jealously. On some level, you have resented her, and that has driven your actions. She's possibly more beautiful/ popular/ smarter than you. Am I wrong?

Confess! Tell her why you have a problem with her, and why you immediately sought to damage her emotionally so badly. It's the least you can do. It takes guts I'm not sure you have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sund1ata
You have no respect for your friend. It's not about him, you don't care about him. This has been a snide way to hurt her; to have the things she had out of jealously. On some level, you have resented her, and that has driven your actions. She's possibly more beautiful/ popular/ smarter than you. Am I wrong?

Confess! Tell her why you have a problem with her, and why you immediately sought to damage her emotionally so badly. It's the least you can do. It takes guts I'm not sure you have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't know me or my friends so stop trying makeover sound like I do this stuff to hurt people. So, yes you're wrong.
You are a horrible person if you have such a lack of morals that you'd do something so unbelievably hurtful. I'd hate to be your friend.
She deserves so much better than you, and him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Basically, long story, short.

My best friend broke up with her on again off again bf,maybe a week ago. Me and her ex work together so on the day they broke up I went to ask what happened and we ended up making out at work.
Since then we've slept together 3-4 times, this is nothing like me to do this kinda thing, but today my friend told me she wants to get back with him and asked me to help her. I feel really bad as I knew that she would want to get back with him but I don't know what to do, if I should tell her we've been sleeping together or if I should help etc.
Any advice would be good.

This is why the meaning of "best friend"' has lost its value.

A week after they broke up, you entertained her? Come on bruh, you can do better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Vyres
I've been in this same situation also (i didn't end up sleeping with the girl), but after my best friend broke up with his girlfriend, me and her got pretty close, and he just absolutely hated it. Whilst I lost him as a friend, I didn't really care to be honest. Some of the things he did/said whilst me and her were close were just completely pathetic, and I'm happy that I finally ditched such a waste of space, because whatever happens your best friend should stick by your side and talk to you, or reason with you instead of going full retard and doing something stupid.

you're a lousy friend.

you don't go moving in on your best friends girl after they break up.

The last thing a person wants to see after a break up is their best friend macking on with their ex. The dude probably still had some feelings her.
Reply 50
Original post by ANM775
you're a lousy friend.

you don't go moving in on your best friends girl after they break up.

The last thing a person wants to see after a break up is their best friend macking on with their ex. The dude probably still had some feelings her.

I couldn't care less. :smile:
ehhh, don't do that. believe me, that really damages friendships. it's happened to me, from both sides

My best friend broke up with her on again off again bf,maybe a week ago. Me and her ex work together so on the day they broke up I went to ask what happened and we ended up making out at work.
Since then we've slept together 3-4 times, this is nothing like me to do this kinda thing, but today my friend told me she wants to get back with him and asked me to help her. I feel really bad as I knew that she would want to get back with him but I don't know what to do, if I should tell her we've been sleeping together or if I should help etc.

What you did is sort of stupid but let me explain my point. Sleeping with your (best) friends' ex isn't necessarily a bad thing (I see nothing wrong with it) but the speed at which it happened surprised me, they broke up and you made out on the very same day-that is crazy lol. Since then you've had sex as well. I think the guy is a jackass (this is coming from a single guy perspective), he just took up the first opportunity for sex he got even though he just broke up with his girl.

Either way best thing to do would be to own up and tell your best friend and try and put the blame on the ex-bf (lol), like he came on to you. As selfish as it sounds it will lesson the blow-but nonetheless expect to lose your female best friend. Learn from this and don't do it again (as people have mentioned multiple times!).

How old are you by the way? I would expect this stuff to happen to teens or immature people, I certainly hope your not in your 20's lol. :tongue:
Original post by Foo.mp3
No idea why people are acting all holier than thou in this thread. It's primarily a question of his morals if they've split up. If they can't maintain a stable relationship then I see no real need to get all dramatic about it. If they're not right for each other then she should move on, and if shagging this lad isn't right for you, then you should stop doing it. Simples

Because when you know your "best friend" is still really into her ex, sleeping with her ex makes you a really **** excuse for a friend? Simples
Original post by Foo.mp3
No idea why people are acting all holier than thou in this thread. It's primarily a question of his morals if they've split up. If they can't maintain a stable relationship then I see no real need to get all dramatic about it. If they're not right for each other then she should move on, and if shagging this lad isn't right for you, then you should stop doing it. Simples

When your "best friend" shags your ex, you will understand, simples. *meerkat squeeks*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bad, bad, very bad :spank:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Don't remember reading that in the OP but sure, that being the case, it's shady. Otherwise, fair game!

She wanted to get back with her ex :yep:
Reply 57
Out of respect for your friend, you should've waited. A week is not really a long time to have already slept together 4 times! But also out of respect for your friend, you need to tell her.

I had a friend do this to me and I never knew until 2 years later and I can tell you it still hurts like hell. The worst part is actually the not-knowing. It would be better to tell her as this guy is obviously not into a long-term serious relationship and she needs to move on. Be totally honest. Don't leave anything out. The thing that hurt me most from my experience was all the sneaking around, and then both of them acting like my best friends.

It would be different if the relationship had deteriorated a lot prior to the breakup to the extent that there was no romance but this sounds less deep. It would also be different if you and the guy had genuine feelings and are looking long-term, but even then you need to be private about it for a while until it's a less sensitive issue. I doubt this guy cares too much though from your descriptions of him, best to just tell your friend honestly, no point talking to the guy he just wants sex.

Idk why people are saying that this was perfectly ok to do. You should have an emotional connection to your best friend which would make it quite obvious that this is the wrong thing to do.
If you truly care about your friend or what he/she thinks you would ask them how they would feel about you having sex/relationship with their ex. Sure you don't need to ask and you are certainly under no obligation to not have sex with whoever you please but its common sense to know that your mate had a connection with a girl your about to go and see and that he/she probably will feel uncomfortable (especially so soon) with you seeing said girl.
Not saying anything - doing the deed and then helping the 2 in question back together is snakey as ****.

Obviously OP i'm not going to harass you for doing something which I believe is wrong but I do think that you should know that it was the wrong thing to do. That being said I think the best thing for you to do is tell your best friend straight away and if shes okay with it then perfect but if she is not then you must deal with the responsibilities of your actions.
It is completely wrong to avoid consequence and not tell her and help the 2 back together again. You must confront her, tell the truth, take responsibility and then go from there.

Nobody has principles these days...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending