The Student Room Group

Uni Application

I was just wondering exactly how I withdraw my UCAS application for this year so that I can re-apply next year for a different university, is it easy to do now results day has passed...all help appreciated!
Original post by Dougall-10
I was just wondering exactly how I withdraw my UCAS application for this year so that I can re-apply next year for a different university, is it easy to do now results day has passed...all help appreciated!

Just go on Track - you should have the option to withdraw completely. Your universities will be notified and any student finance will be cancelled automatically :yes:
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Just go on Track - you should have the option to withdraw completely. Your universities will be notified and any student finance will be cancelled automatically :yes:

Thank You!
If I withdraw my application, what is the drawback(s) of that? Will I be disadvantaged when I apply next year? Given that I'm doing many reformed courses, only my A2 Level results will count, therefore, what is the disadvantage? Do I have less of a chance making it next year? I mean I shouldn't....right?
Original post by Kiritsugu
If I withdraw my application, what is the drawback(s) of that? Will I be disadvantaged when I apply next year? Given that I'm doing many reformed courses, only my A2 Level results will count, therefore, what is the disadvantage? Do I have less of a chance making it next year? I mean I shouldn't....right?

There are not drawbacks other than paying UCAS some more cash to reapply.

Universities don't hold grudges.
Original post by PQ
There are not drawbacks other than paying UCAS some more cash to reapply.

Universities don't hold grudges.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to ask my school why they're so keen on getting us all to apply now. I actually haven't applied yet, but my grades aren't that good so I don't want to apply now. I know my grades at A2 will be brilliant - I just know it. That's why :smile:
Original post by Kiritsugu
Thanks for the help. I'm going to ask my school why they're so keen on getting us all to apply now. I actually haven't applied yet, but my grades aren't that good so I don't want to apply now. I know my grades at A2 will be brilliant - I just know it. That's why :smile:

It's a sensible idea to apply in Yr 13 even if you're planning on taking a gap year.

It gives you a better idea how the UCAS scheme works and what needs doing when...and means when you apply during a gap year (and with less support) you're more prepared.
Original post by Dougall-10

Hey, one option would be to defer for a year so you have a place, then evaluate where you want to be going and doing next year... what do you have planned for your gap year?

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glydnwr University)

Quick Reply

Latest