The Student Room Group

Which subject should I dropp?

For my AS levels I got BBCD in film studies, physics, computer science and maths respectively

I'll be applying to mostly AAB-ABB unis and for a marketing or management course

I'm thinking the best option is to drop maths since that would hold back my predictions and I'd have to retake 2 modules

Would it matter to unis that my subjects aren't really relevant to the course? Or are the grades what's more important?

Also my predicted grades will most likely be one up so AABC
yeah its probably better to do what you can really do well in
you have two hard science subjects in there so you'll be fine
Yeah definitely drop maths, you'll also get a lot more time to study for your other subjects because maths is especially time consuming
Original post by ashaun727
For my AS levels I got BBCD in film studies, physics, computer science and maths respectively

I'll be applying to mostly AAB-ABB unis and for a marketing or management course

I'm thinking the best option is to drop maths since that would hold back my predictions and I'd have to retake 2 modules

Would it matter to unis that my subjects aren't really relevant to the course? Or are the grades what's more important?

Also my predicted grades will most likely be one up so AABC

Id drop maths.
Like you say, its your weakest subject and the one you have got the worst grade in. And keeping it would mean doing retakes.
If you are worried about your subjects not really being relevant for the course you are applying for- look on different unis websites to see what they say to put your mind at ease.
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
Id drop maths.
Like you say, its your weakest subject and the one you have got the worst grade in. And keeping it would mean doing retakes.
If you are worried about your subjects not really being relevant for the course you are applying for- look on different unis websites to see what they say to put your mind at ease.
I've looked at the sites of a few unis and they mostly seem to say they have no preference, I'm just wondering is it the same in reality?
Reply 5
Original post by CatherineJones23
yeah its probably better to do what you can really do well in
you have two hard science subjects in there so you'll be fine

Original post by marcobruni98
Yeah definitely drop maths, you'll also get a lot more time to study for your other subjects because maths is especially time consuming

Thanks for the advice, spending a lot of time on maths is definetly a concern of mine
Original post by ashaun727
I've looked at the sites of a few unis and they mostly seem to say they have no preference, I'm just wondering is it the same in reality?

I they say they have no preference then i wouldnt worry about it. At least it should put your mind at ease.
Reply 7
Original post by Emma:-)
I they say they have no preference then i wouldnt worry about it. At least it should put your mind at ease.
That's great, thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Latest