The Student Room Group

There is no evidence for God

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TSR-Exam
Is that a pure fact? Set out in stone? Completely objective? No. It's a belief. You believe God isn't real, others believe he is. Get a grip and stop insulting people for their belief. You can disagree with them but you're on every single thread almost every hour of the day as if it's some mission of yours, you seem just as brainwashed lmfao. Does nothing or nobody else ever put a smile on your face?

Nothing that has to do with religion does.

And believing in unicorns vs not believing in unicorns.

And nice to say let religious people have their beliefs, and yet you viciously attack me for holding my belief that religion is abhorrent.
Original post by Retropattern
there is no evidence that god does not exist.

and? There is no evidence that there is not a tiny teacup orbiting the sun or a invisible Undetectable Banana Floating round the world taking pictures of street signs.
THAT MUST MEAN IT IS REAL.

Having no evidence against something in no way makes it real
Original post by inhuman
Nothing to do with religion.

And believing in unicorns vs not believing in unicorns.

And nice to say let religious people have their beliefs, and yet you viciously attack me for holding my belief that religion is abhorrent.

Comparing God to a unicorn is again a subjective thing. You would do that, billions of others wouldn't. Yours is a belief as much as there's is, so don't talk as if you hold some higher ground lmao.

Interesting - ''viciously'' :frown: dont cry. *:rofl: As far as I can see, I called you brainwashed, which you also did. I told you to get a grip, on the same page as calling someone stupid I'd say. Hmmm, so you must ''viciously attack'' yourself? It's not nice is it? :cry2:

Also interesting how you don't dispute the fact you seem just as brainwashed cause it's evident.
Reply 43
Comparing God to a unicorn is again a subjective thing. You would do that, billions of others wouldn't. Yours is a belief as much as there's is, so don't talk as if you hold some higher ground lmao.

Interesting - ''viciously'' :frown: dont cry. *:rofl: As far as I can see, I called you brainwashed, which you also did. I told you to get a grip, on the same page as calling someone stupid I'd say. Hmmm, so you must ''viciously attack'' yourself? It's not nice is it? :cry2:

Also interesting how you don't dispute the fact you seem just as brainwashed cause it's evident.

You did, don't deny it. You apparently have read so many of my posts, and yet the first time you quote me, it is not using an argument but simple ad hominem...

Shame on you.

"Comparing God to a unicorn is again a subjective thing". No, it's not. The point of that analogy was to highlight that it is the same principle to believe in something for which there is no evidence. Yes there is no proof against it, just like there is no proof there is no unicorn. Hence the analogy. And if you cannot logically disregard the unicorn example but at the same time maintain it for God. I do hold a higher ground, because I do not believe in a fairy tale.

And lol again you fail to see the point. I am brainwashed? That is exactly what I am arguing for, my parents never told me what to believe. I made up my own mind, which is why I called religious people brainwashed, because they were never given a chance. Not to mention, you are the one with the assertion, you are the one making up a fairy tale. Not having been told this fairy tale, hardly makes me brainwashed.

But then again someone like you will just regard all the logical points, and blindly stick to their biases. And you will continue to be a hypocrite, telling me to let others believe what they want but attacking me for my beliefs. Shame on you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by inhuman
You did, don't deny it. You apparently have read so many of my posts, and yet the first time you quote me, it is not using an argument but simple ad hominem...

Shame on you.

"Comparing God to a unicorn is again a subjective thing". No, it's not. The point of that analogy was to highlight that it is the same principle to believe in something for which there is no evidence. Yes there is no proof against it, just like there is no proof there is no unicorn. Hence the analogy. And if you cannot logically disregard the unicorn example but at the same time maintain it for God. I do hold a higher ground, because I do not believe in a fairy tale.

And lol again you fail to see the point. I am brainwashed? That is exactly what I am arguing for, my parents never told me what to believe. I made up my own mind, which is why I called religious people brainwashed, because they were never given a chance. Not to mention, you are the one with the assertion, you are the one making up a fairy tale. Not having been told this fairy tale, hardly makes me brainwashed.

But then again someone like you will just regard all the logical points, and blindly stick to their biases.

Someone is triggered. :K:

I've seen you post, yes.. and every time it's on a thread like this, usually leading to insulting others. I wouldn't say I viciously attacked you by any means, don't be so insensitive perhaps? Or, watch your own tongue?
:rofl: You said 'a language is real. God is not' - you have no real ground to claim he isn't real. Hence, that is a belief, no matter what you say. Using the analogy of a unicorn does not work here, there are different levels. Billions of people do not live their lives or believe in unicorns. Give me an equal analogy and we'll talk.

To be brainwashed doesn't extend to just religion. You could be brainwashed by many other platforms. There are loads of people who do not believe in God, plenty of atheists out there who can live in harmony with religious people, who see no need to attack their beliefs, who can resist jumping in every thread saying the same things over and over again, all of this whilst disagreeing that there is a god?! :eek: when someone like you shows up, with such strong hatred to the point that they throw insults and cannot for once just drop back a little, calling you brainwashed is just as much of a substantial claim. :smile: plenty of logic to that m8.

:lol:
Original post by inhuman
The only one who is stupid is you. You refuse to look beyond your bias.

Did I mention I believe or not in God ?
No. So how would you know I refuse to look beyond my bias.
If you want to debate, listen first mate, that's the key to win it.

A language is real. God is not.

If you think it is, fair enough. I might as well think a language isn't real :h:
See ? It works in both senses

Telling your child she is real is brainwashing.

Then, according to you telling Gos is not real is as well brainwashing. So being raised as an atheist is the same thing.
That is what you're saying.

I appreciate that this may apply to many things regarding raising children, but this is particularly discerning as you are essentially making up a fairy tale.

EXACTLY. What I said about languages had nothing to do in that debate. And so is your "white people" thing.

Yes it did. You said it's fine to believe what you want as long as you don't hurt others.

I said that ? HAHA. Never.
I was wondering why people were having the piss of others when that didn't stick to their own beliefs while it does not cause YOU any harm. You is the person that take the piss OUT of others :h:

Going around saying whites are God's chosen people, is not harming others, is it?

Ofc it harms people +_+

It is a perfectly legitimate belief according to you.

Erm. You're so obsessed by proving God doesn't exist that you didn't even understand my sentence.
Sorry to disappoint but what you said above is totally horrible in case you didn't know.
Also, I never said that spreading God is real was right either.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 46
Someone is triggered. :K:

I've seen you post, yes.. and every time it's on a thread like this, usually leading to insulting others. I wouldn't say I viciously attacked you by any means, don't be so insensitive perhaps? Or, watch your own tongue?
:rofl: You said 'a language is real. God is not' - you have no real ground to claim he isn't real. Hence, that is a belief, no matter what you say. Using the analogy of a unicorn does not work here, there are different levels. Billions of people do not live their lives or believe in unicorns. Give me an equal analogy and we'll talk.

To be brainwashed doesn't extend to just religion. You could be brainwashed by many other platforms. There are loads of people who do not believe in God, plenty of atheists out there who can live in harmony with religious people, who see no need to attack their beliefs, who can resist jumping in every thread saying the same things over and over again, all of this whilst disagreeing that there is a god?! :eek: when someone like you shows up, with such strong hatred to the point that they throw insults and cannot for once just drop back a little, calling you brainwashed is just as much of a substantial claim. :smile: plenty of logic to that m8.

:lol:

Ah the old "billions believe it hence it must be true". This is getting more and more ridiculous.

Kiddo, come back when you learn logic and reason, and don't just argue behind bias. You think it is logical to say I am brainwashed because I have a strong opinion on this? :facepalm:
Original post by inhuman
Ah the old "billions believe it hence it must be true". This is getting more and more ridiculous.

Kiddo, come back when you learn logic and reason, and don't just argue behind bias. You think it is logical to say I am brainwashed because I have a strong opinion on this? :facepalm:

Thank you for accepting defeat. Have a good day. :h:
Reply 48
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Did I mention I believe or not in God ?
No. So how would you know I refuse to look beyond my bias.
If you want to debate, listen first mate, that's the key to win it.

If you think it is, fair enough. I might as well think a language isn't real :h:
See ? It works in both senses

Then, according to you telling Gos is not real is as well brainwashing. So being raised as an atheist is the same thing.
That is what you're saying.

EXACTLY. What I said about languages had nothing to do in that debate. And so is your "white people" thing.

I said that ? HAHA. Never.
I was wondering why people were having the piss of others when that didn't stick to their own beliefs while it does not cause YOU any harm. You is the person that take the piss OUT of others :h:

Ofc it harms people +_+

Erm. You're so obsessed by proving God doesn't exist that you didn't even understand my sentence.
Sorry to disappoint but what you said above is totally horrible in case you didn't know.
Also, I never said that spreading God is real was right either.

Oh dear.

You are the one making an assertion about something for which there is no evidence. That is not the same as saying "I don't believe in something for which there is no evidence". If you cannot comprehend that, there is no point arguing with you. A language is real in the sense that oh hey look I am actually using the words and rules of it. How is God real? You ever saw him? Because someone wrote a book? Wow. Again, not being told a fairy tale is real, is not brainwashing. This is too funny. You and that other guy are like little kids. A kid says "you're stupid" and the other one is gonna reply "no, YOU'RE stupid". I call you brainwashed and you miserably fail at trying to turn it around. It's quite cute really. And yes, you said "let them believe what they want". If I can't attack them for their belief in God, then you can't attack white supremacists for their belief they are superior. The fact that you still don't understand that concept, speaks volumes about your capacity to understand logic and reason.
Reply 49
Thank you for accepting defeat. Have a good day. :h:

As I said, once you have learned logic and reason I will be right here waiting for you.
Original post by inhuman
As I said, once you have learned logic and reason I will be right here waiting for you.

I don't doubt that, you don't seem to do much else. :indiff:

My points were perfectly logical. Just things you didn't want to hear. Also, never did I once try to enforce my belief that God is real onto you. So the ''hence it must be true'' makes absolutely zero sense. You see, I can live with the fact that others believe he isn't and can respect it, which is my issue with you. You cannot.
Original post by inhuman
Oh dear.

Someone is upset :mmm:

You are the one making an assertion about something for which there is no evidence.

My poor little thing :console: at the end of the debate you still don't even know if I actually believe in God or not :toofunny:

As you don't seem to understand what I said in a correct English - which is fine, some people just still don't know how to read properly :s - I am gonna summary it for you :
People don't have to spread their belief, they can just stick to it and live in peace with others.
I hope you do understand now, if not, there's nothing I can do for you anymore :no:

That is not the same as saying "I don't believe in something for which there is no evidence". If you cannot comprehend that, there is no point arguing with you.

Then tell me, why are you still here ? 🤔🤔

A language is real in the sense that oh hey look I am actually using the words and rules of it.

Oh WOW ! (Yes I can use that too :woo: )

How is God real? You ever saw him? Because someone wrote a book? Wow.

Again, I didn't say God was real :h: but you should've just took the time to read what I said :console:

Again, not being told a fairy tale is real, is not brainwashing. This is too funny.

And who are you to decide that :h: after all you're deciding for everyone else that God isn't real :h:

You and that other guy are like little kids. A kid says "you're stupid" and the other one is gonna reply "no, YOU'RE stupid".

You jelly :teehee: ?

I call you brainwashed and you miserably fail at trying to turn it around.

That's life chéri :dontknow:

It's quite cute really.

Aw thank you :blush:

And yes, you said "let them believe what they want". If I can't attack them for their belief in God, then you can't attack white supremacists for their belief they are superior.

Believing in God does not make you superior in any way, whilst believing in the supremacy of the races is. So it's basically against the humans right..
If you cannot even distinguish what isn't necessary a bad thing to believe in and what is, I can do nothing but hoping you're just kidding :s

The fact that you still don't understand that concept, speaks volumes about your capacity to understand logic and reason.

If you say so :h:
Original post by davidguettafan
So why do people still believe in God?

Posted from TSR Mobile

because I feel that it exists, but still unsure
Reply 53
I don't doubt that, you don't seem to do much else. :indiff:

My points were perfectly logical. Just things you didn't want to hear. Also, never did I once try to enforce my belief that God is real onto you. So the ''hence it must be true'' makes absolutely zero sense. You see, I can live with the fact that others believe he isn't and can respect it, which is my issue with you. You cannot.

Thinking something doesn't make it so. I thought we already addressed that with the whole God issue. Something isn't logical just because you want it to be.

It makes no sense because you don't want to hear it. You said billions of people believe in God but not billions of people believe in unicorns so it's not the same thing. What my comment means is that no matter how many people believe in something, it doesn't make it any more true than something else for which there is no evidence either.

I can perfectly well live with that fact, my gf is catholic. What I can't live with is that religions spread their ideology, pretend they are right like you are doing here, delude others, cause so much harm in the world, think they are superior (and yes, they do, it doesn't matter that you personally and many others don't, because fact is many religions have something like hell and heaven where non-believers are doomed), etc. etc. etc. And no, you cannot accept that. If you could accept it you wouldn't be making logically flawed arguments trying to argue for God. I have met many people who at the end of the day admit it is just that - blind faith, but they are ok with that. And that I can live with. But that is not what you or the other poster are doing here. You are trying to somehow justify it with logic and reasoning, where there are none.

Have a nice day, if you still refuse to see beyond your own bias then yes, you have "defeated" me. :congrats:
Also wouldn't having evidence of a God defeat the whole purpose of having a God?

What type of evidence would we even have?? A picture??
Original post by WoodyMKC
This is why I remain agnostic.

There is also no evidence that michael jackson is not dancing on the moon, do you remain agnostic regarding that particular belief as well? The problem with agnosticism is that you must consider every baseless suggestion that someone comes up with as being 'possible', regardless of how absurd it is.

Now I suggest that a being made out of fish fingers is molesting a kawala bear on a planet in another solar system. You must now consider this dumb suggestion as possible and not reject it, because there is no evidence that this is not the case.
Reply 56
Someone is upset :mmm:

My poor little thing :console: at the end of the debate you still don't even know if I actually believe in God or not :toofunny:

As you don't seem to understand what I said in a correct English - which is fine, some people just still don't know how to read properly :s - I am gonna summary it for you :
People don't have to spread their belief, they can just stick to it and live in peace with others.
I hope you do understand now, if not, there's nothing I can do for you anymore :no:

Then tell me, why are you still here ? 🤔🤔

Oh WOW ! (Yes I can use that too :woo: )

Again, I didn't say God was real :h: but you should've just took the time to read what I said :console:

And who are you to decide that :h: after all you're deciding for everyone else that God isn't real :h:

You jelly :teehee: ?

That's life chéri :dontknow:

Aw thank you :blush:

Believing in God does not make you superior in any way, whilst believing in the supremacy of the races is. So it's basically against the humans right..
If you cannot even distinguish what isn't necessary a bad thing to believe in and what is, I can do nothing but hoping you're just kidding :s

Reason for Editing

save preview post deletecancel

If you say so :h:

"My poor little thing" - you remember what I said about little kids earlier, doing the exact same thing the other one did? Throwing the same insult back? And look what you're doing now after my last post :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

You're a classic, thanks for that laugh, really made my morning now!

Edit: Oh you just keep on giving don't you? I actually just started reading the rest of your post and I find this:

"some people just still don't know how to read properly :s - I am gonna summary it for you :"

To summarize that for you, some people don't know how to read, others don't know how to write

I am almost hysterical now, this is too good.
:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by inhuman
thanks for that laugh, really made my morning now!

I'm glad I did ! You're very welcome :girl:
People feel enlightened by the idea of a greater being. By the way, you can't really say that there is no evidence for God and question why people believe in God. If there is no evidence for the Big Bang, why do people follow it? Science cannot disprove God's existence.
Reply 59
I'm glad I did ! You're very welcome :girl:

I hope you read my edit :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending