The Student Room Group

Verbal offer? In doubt about sure confirmation...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cheerupgrrl5:)
Hey I got an email saying that my place is confirmed...however track hasnt changed..u?

I gotta call them at 4pm
Original post by KINGYusuf
I gotta call them at 4pm

ok good luck...do you have a confirmation email?
Hey I got an email saying that my place is confirmed...however track hasnt changed..u?

Just be patient. the echo gave good advice in that you need to take the name of these people. they have now formalised it with the e-mail.

there have been a number of instances with people getting offers and then them vanishing along with them being very difficult to trace hence needing evidence so you cna trace it back.

It should just take a while for it to update, but ring them up again just to confirm this is the case. You should be fine. Record or log the call with the name of the person as well.
Original post by 999tigger
Just be patient. the echo gave good advice in that you need to take the name of these people. they have now formalised it with the e-mail.

there have been a number of instances with people getting offers and then them vanishing along with them being very difficult to trace hence needing evidence so you cna trace it back.

It should just take a while for it to update, but ring them up again just to confirm this is the case. You should be fine. Record or log the call with the name of the person as well.

oh yh i realised my mistake after...its kinda late now

So, the offer could still go?

Yh I have the email I guess...
I'll wait for a bit and do that....thank you
oh yh i realised my mistake after...its kinda late now

So, the offer could still go?

Yh I have the email I guess...
I'll wait for a bit and do that....thank you

I think you will be ok and it just takes time for it to update.

Ring them up again and seek confirmation and hen you have two instances where the offer is confurmed.

If the e-mail looks official and has verification info on it then thats good.

Well done btw if its the place you wanted.
I think you will be ok and it just takes time for it to update.

Ring them up again and seek confirmation and hen you have two instances where the offer is confurmed.

If the e-mail looks official and has verification info on it then thats good.

Well done btw if its the place you wanted.

It has my student id and looks pretty official but yh i will thanx

Oh do you know if I have to make changes to my student finance cos I have changed unis as it was clearing?

aw thank you:smile:
It has my student id and looks pretty official but yh i will thanx

Oh do you know if I have to make changes to my student finance cos I have changed unis as it was clearing?

aw thank you:smile:

I think you will be fine, but better safe than sorry and it can be dealt with within 3 minutes.

Sorry dont know you cna either:

Ring student finance.
Ask here.
Ask them.

These seem to answer it

http://www.nus.org.uk/en/advice/becoming-a-student/going-through-clearing-make-sure-your-finances-are-in-order/

It says you have to log onto your account and change the course details.

https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/student-finance-how-change-your-course-details-and-apply-last-minute-funding

Already applied for student finance?
If you’ve already applied for full-time student finance but decided to change your course, university or college through Clearing or Adjustment, you need to let us know as soon as possible as it might affect what student finance you’re able to get.

It’s easy to change your course, university or college details online; log into your account (link is external) and then go to: Your Account > Change Your Application > University/College and Course
I think you will be fine, but better safe than sorry and it can be dealt with within 3 minutes.

Sorry dont know you cna either:

Ring student finance.
Ask here.
Ask them.

These seem to answer it

http://www.nus.org.uk/en/advice/becoming-a-student/going-through-clearing-make-sure-your-finances-are-in-order/

It says you have to log onto your account and change the course details.

https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/student-finance-how-change-your-course-details-and-apply-last-minute-funding

ok thank you so much :smile:
They emailed me and send it should update by the end of today

Yeah I received an email a few days ago, goodluck too

Mines been confirmed! :smile: wbu? if not dw it'll come
Original post by KINGYusuf
Mines been confirmed! :smile: wbu? if not dw it'll come

I got it confirmed yesterday too! yaya!

Good Luck with everything:smile:
I got it confirmed yesterday too! yaya!

Good Luck with everything:smile:

you too man
r...also they sent me an emal and then I got another email...this is exactly wat it says '
We’re really looking forward to welcoming you in September.'

Well that's fine then. Try and quit worrying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending