The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James David
you know you can access this years papers and mark schemes online here all edexcel gcses.
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B23NLD5L6099Y1RiZ1ZqbmQ0LWs

It only loads the front page of each mark scheme for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
It only loads the front page of each mark scheme for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

try and scroll down or download the file and then open it
errbody releases them on wednesday

What time ?
is anybody else really annoyed at the lack of past papers for A-levels. for some subjects its just he one they did this year, which is restricted to teacher access

It is a new spec for some subjects so they can't really release any papers- try the specimen papers, they give a rough idea of what it is like... Quite hard for some subjects like edexcel biology D:
The results day nightmares have restarted for me 😭😇
Is this for maths?
Original post by shohaib712
Lol good for you. The first few modules are very easy so there shouldnt be a problem with the transition from GCSE to Alevels (well for me that is). But I noticed that the vocabulary in the textbooks can be a bit difficult (if you dont read much - like me).
(edited 7 years ago)
*sees thread* ****
Original post by nisha.sri
Yes i know ! It was very different from the other past papers :frown: But i mean if we all did wuite bad then gb will go down :smile:
I never got told by my teacher and he said that you will find out on results day you ?

Yes hopefully :smile:
Oh our teacher told us what we got.
What are you hoping to get?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kxjzh
Eeeeek really nervous now!!!! My family aren't exactly helping. My sister (2 years older) was obviously going to get all A's and A*'s (she got 15 A*s) and was really nervous prior to results. My family was all supportive and really nice to her. I have genuine worry I have failed some subjects, and they're just 'oh get over it' 'you're not making the right choice for next year anyway so what does it matter.' And generally belittling me! It's driving me crazy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in exactly the same situation
Original post by Kxjzh
Eeeeek really nervous now!!!! My family aren't exactly helping. My sister (2 years older) was obviously going to get all A's and A*'s (she got 15 A*s) and was really nervous prior to results. My family was all supportive and really nice to her. I have genuine worry I have failed some subjects, and they're just 'oh get over it' 'you're not making the right choice for next year anyway so what does it matter.' And generally belittling me! It's driving me crazy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really rude of them. You know everyone on here will support you. My family belittled me over my choices a little but my head of year was the worst, telling me I was throwing my life away because I didn't want to be a doctor. I know how you feel, try to ignore them and remember everyone here cares.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone on this thread a mature student?
Original post by nwmyname
I have seen the paper for B1.
I can see the grade boundaries being much lower I agree.
However exam boards do have standards to meet so I don't think they would go so far below 40.

Also, if the line that they draw of the marks don't match what they need, they can increase other people's marks so it reaches the type of line they are looking for.
Yeah I think 40 is a bit high but I don't do statistics for an exam board.

:smile: Hope that helps.

I meant I would have put it higher 😂 At least 47 or something like that. But it doesn't really matter! I'm quite excited (and nervous) to see wgat the actual obes are in two days.

Good luck
Original post by amanii_ox
Hey! Are u doing chem, geography and maths for a levels? If so, what career/course would u likely get into.. bc I'm doing similar subjects and have no clue what I wanna donin university. ThAnks!! And good luck (:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm doing Chemistry, Geography & Biology
But I'm going into the biosciences (more specifically, Nutrition/Dietetics), for which bio & chem are essential. Geography is a very facilitating subject, though. It certainly makes it easier to get into Humanitarian aid. You could go into physical areas such as cartography, coastal protection, natural hazards management/ monitoring, climatic/environment sciences and lots more. Or human areas such as demographics, population and governance. You can go into Chemistry for laboratory work, or mathematics for computing, business, finance, accounting, or physics. The world is your oyster!
Original post by AlevelBiologist
I meant I would have put it higher 😂 At least 47 or something like that. But it doesn't really matter! I'm quite excited (and nervous) to see wgat the actual obes are in two days.

Good luck

Oh you meant higher LOL :smile:
I can't read sometimes.

No i don't think it'll be high.
The media coverage also pressurises exam boards to lower the grade boundaries.
Remember hannah and the sweets :smile:
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
That's really rude of them. You know everyone on here will support you. My family belittled me over my choices a little but my head of year was the worst, telling me I was throwing my life away because I didn't want to be a doctor. I know how you feel, try to ignore them and remember everyone here cares.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same case here
I can't read sometimes.

Do you think the grade boundaries will be lower for the p2 and p3 paper?
I can't read sometimes.

True, true
I hope they will be lower because I found p2 really hard , which exam board did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greatmnty
Do you think the grade boundaries will be lower for the p2 and p3 paper?

Yes :smile:

It was way more complicated this year than last year, for sure.

Latest