The Student Room Group

There is no evidence for God

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
You don't have to be personally affected by religion to be against it.

I see that religion causes terrific distress around the world.

Of course ! And I totally agree. I just don't understand why people don't simply talk about it like a real debate, and not like someone is right and someone is wrong
I like how OP has replied like once since starting this thread and you're still all at each other's throats taking the bait and getting all upset. I could debate about religion all day long but a) I have better things to do with my life b) It's not my job to change people's opinions and c) No one here is going to get my point fully. I learnt my lesson from the last thread.

Look, whether we're here because of some being 90% of people here don't believe in or because of some big bang thing where two things collided and somehow it made all the elements and an entire planet and life and made everything the right conditions to live in (that's literally all I know about it) there's one point all of you people are missing.

You're here, with an entire life to live and you should be pretty damn happy you've got that. Forget why we're here, or how we're alive and concentrate on bloody living. Maybe we'll all find out once this life is over, maybe we won't, whatever. Accept that everyone here has an opinion they're entitled to and you're not going to change it by typing text into a forum for people who want help studying. Just live and enjoy life.

Or if you really want to debate it, do it elsewhere with people who know what they're talking about, not these silly little "god isn't real end of" trolls, lmao. I stated my opinion in the last thread and now I'm leaving it. I suggest you all do the same. Have a great day.
Original post by Josb
It's always very strange to me that people still believe to God now that the origins or the world and life have been explained.

What I can't understand is that if I went around claiming to be a prophet I'd get laughed at, yet religion sits on this pedestal with a lack of scrutiny because of some ancient writings that could have been done by anyone.

They could have even wrote the Bible and the Quran just for a laugh, who really knows?
Original post by FightToWin

So in conclusion:
1) You don't have time to debate religion because you have better things to do with your life, but you have time to complain that people are debating religion.

2) Some off topic spam about everyone being a person with an opinion

3) Those that are on the other end of the argument from you are automatically trolls so everyone should stop debating.
Reply 84
Guys !

This debate won't stop .... Because unlike other topics this concept cannot be grasped at an intellectual understanding level.

It is something to be individually experienced /felt and no one can make the other person 'experience' it by logic or debate.

Please don't spend your precious energy and time in debating here.

Those who currently don't believe, please make genuine effort to seek it by practicing the science of meditation and a spiritual discipline.

Those who already know what it's really like, are not debating here because they don't feel the need to get approval of this forum.

Also know the difference between spirituality and religion.

And please have the humility and wisdom that there are at a given time many areas which don't have conventional evidence which doesn't mean it doesn't exist till there is discovery or evidence.

As delusion is an intrinsic part of spirituality, it's bound to be challenging to overcome.

Best wishes and God bless you all.
Original post by Fred5134
Why is it the job of science to disprove a baseless fairy tale that has no more evidence behind it than beings such as superman or the hulk?

Do you expect scientists to explore every cubic cm of the entire universe to prove that the comic book hulk is not hiding on some random planet? If not, why do you expect something similar for god?

Who said it was the job of Science? Lol. Well, some of them seem to care so much about trying to reason why God cannot exist, and fail since they cannot disprove God's existence. There is no evidence to say Science can disprove God, and therefore without evidence, opinions are merely opinions.
Original post by ms-007
Guys !

Please don't spend your precious energy and time in debating here.

Those who currently don't believe, please make genuine effort to seek it by practicing the science of meditation and a spiritual discipline.

Please make a genuine effort to pick up a scientific text book and stop clinging feverishly to ancient fairy tales.
(edited 7 years ago)
There's no evidence for a lot of ******** that people believe in - e.g. God, superstition, star signs, psychics, tarot card reading, ghosts, souls, afterlife, yet people still believe it cause it gives them comfort.
Reply 88
Depends on what you consider evidence. There are plenty of good arguments for the existence of God, as you would know if you bothered to pick up a book of Christian apologetics.
Original post by SubZero~
Who said it was the job of Science?

Do you read your own posts?

Science cannot disprove God's existence.

The only logical implication being that you believe science has some sort of duty to disprove god, otherwise you wouldn't have made the post I quoted.

and therefore without evidence, opinions are merely opinions.

Educated opinions that not logically flawed are superior to opinions that are based on nothing but "faith" in what one was told is true as a small child.
Not all opinions are equal.
So in conclusion:
1) You don't have time to debate religion because you have better things to do with your life, but you have time to complain that people are debating religion.

2) Some off topic spam about everyone being a person with an opinion

3) Those that are on the other end of the argument from you are automatically trolls so everyone should stop debating.

Thank you for proving my point.
Reply 91
Original post by davidguettafan
So why do people still believe in God?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The way I look at it, im a muslim btw, is that we currently know so little about our race and the universe. Humans have been on this planet for about 10,000 years? Give or take (as advanced civilizations). But too be honest, it could be waaay longer than, we just dont know for sure.

Also, in the grand scheme of things, we have just only discovered a 'grain of sand' of our universe. We have alot to learn about, so saying there is a lack of evidence is pointless really.

Considering this, the possibility of a higher entity existing is high if you compare it to how young our understanding of modern science is, its entirely possible. Its also possible that our monkey brains cannot fathom god yet.

Ok but what evidence have we got yet about God existing? Lets take holy books, The Quran, along with other books, acknowledges scientific discoverys that we made less than 100 years ago and yet it is not 100% understood by anyone because of inherent transalation error. These holy books were written in ancient hebrew or ancient aramaic at first.

I think every religion has been influenced culturally and this could affect societies perseption of god. But imo someone could be a perfect muslim if he was sitting on a deserted hill top, reading the quran and performing prayers etc, gazing at the unpoluted sea of stars - sky with no distraction. This form of meditation would give them the best sense, without drugs, of connection with god.

But what about the use of psychedalic drugs like DMT? People have said they have 'seen' god when under the effects ofbthst drug. Amazon natives create i think its a drink called Ayahuasca, which they say provides them with healing powers and connects them to god.
Could these drugs be the answer to finding God? Maybe, but we need major research in it.
Take the 'burning bush', the bush could be a plant that, when burning, it releases pyschodelic drugs which could cause Moses/Jesus to hallucinate God - Is this hallucination the ultimate way to connect to God? Maybe.

End of the day, we dont know much. It might be possible future scientific and archaelogic discoveries will provide evidences of God.

But yh I dont know anything.

Bonus read (i couldnt be asked writing, but these are interesting):

-Ancient Sumerians
-Ancient Sumerians text
-Ancient Sumerians tablet with includes a diagram of our Solar system.
-Anunaki and planet X.

-Ancient forgotten advanced civilizations on earth.
-Evidence to support them, like the 'baghdad battery'.

Disclaimer: im trying to convince tou thst god is real or not, just saying we know nothing.
Reply 92
before you start to read this listen to this song as it might help you to take it more seriouslyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfiTSRQ2a_E(but anyway on a serious note search wayne levi price on youtube and be saved don't die in eternal damnation don't be smote with fire and brimstone instead seek glory and righteousness and hunger and thirst for the lords word the original bible is the only true bible which is the KJV please take my advice and let me see you in heaven shining under the lords light so we can meet up in the heavens as fellow brothers and sisters children of the lord I hope you take me seriously and liberate yourself from satans grasp because if you ignore this it might be the last chance you ever get to repent once you go to hell there is no hope the hope is now the salvation is now I hope that you consider this god bless you
Original post by FightToWin
Thank you for proving my point.

All you proved is that you have nothing to contribute to the topic out of some sort of fear of your beliefs being challenged and that you want other people to stop posting so that you can feel better.
All you proved is that you have nothing to contribute to the topic out of some sort of fear of your beliefs being challenged and that you want other people to stop posting so that you can feel better.

Original post by Retropattern
there is no evidence that god does not exist.

Original post by WoodyMKC
This is why I remain agnostic.

You can't prove the non-existence of something. Just because something is unprovable doesn't mean there's a 50/50 likelihood of it existing. And if you're agnostic about god, then are you agnostic about fairies, unicorns and trolls?
Original post by Josb
It's always very strange to me that people still believe to God now that the origins or the world and life have been explained.

Origins of the world and life have been explained? "World" and "life" are vague terms. If by world and life you mean the physical universe and first life form respectively, then no, they have yet to be explained.
Original post by Retropattern
there is no evidence that god does not exist.

There is no evidence dragons don't exist

Original post by WoodyMKC
This is why I remain agnostic.

This is why I remain adragonistic
Reply 98
I understand why you're not willing to say God exists. But I do believe in God. I do worship a living God - And until you've felt his presence in your life I don't think you can say you believe. My proof? I've seen countless Atheists walk in to my church. They sit in the service, in the worship, and listen to the word. At the end of the service - I'll go back to them to see how they found it. Very oftenly id find them in the back of the room, crying their eyes out. Crying because they felt the presence of God. To a non Christian this will sound strange but it happens and it happens regularly. It's not hard to find where God is working, only if you look. Ofc I love you for not believing and I love you for believing - just be a good person no matter what X
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Origins of the world and life have been explained? "World" and "life" are vague terms. If by world and life you mean the physical universe and first life form respectively, then no, they have yet to be explained.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending