The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Prospective students (Clearing) University of Stirling 2016

Hi guys!

If you are going through clearing and thinking about applying for the University of Stirling, feel free to discuss anything with me! I am Paddy, a current fourth year student who can tell you about my experience here and to answer any queries you may have.
Reply 1
Hey, so it looks like I may be going to Stirling and I have some questions.. How would you describe their first year accommodation? Also prices don't seem to be anywhere on the portal which is slightly worrying.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Original post by Abbie D.
Hey, so it looks like I may be going to Stirling and I have some questions.. How would you describe their first year accommodation? Also prices don't seem to be anywhere on the portal which is slightly worrying.

Hi Abbie,

If you are looking for information on accommodation go onto the University of Stirling website and click on campus life. in there, click on accommodation and you will have information on all accommodation available!

My experience with accommodation in first year was great, I was in Willow court which is the new block of halls. There are a whole range of options, cheaper and more basic or higher rent and more for your money!

Paddy
Reply 3
I'm not in clearing, but would like to ask if the £200 a year permit for parking is worth it? As I've heard parking is nearly impossible. I won't be living on campus and have three children that I need to do school runs for, so driving would be extremely advantageous. But would parking off campus be better?
Reply 4
Original post by Emizi
I'm not in clearing, but would like to ask if the £200 a year permit for parking is worth it? As I've heard parking is nearly impossible. I won't be living on campus and have three children that I need to do school runs for, so driving would be extremely advantageous. But would parking off campus be better?

Hi!

I go to Stirling uni too. Don't have a car but a few friends of mine do and say it's worth it. Never fun having to pay £200 but it will make life a lot easier being able to park on campus, especially if you're having to do school runs and then get on campus and make class on time.

You'll be using campus for maybe 9 or 10 months of the year at least so think of it as around £20 per month which will porbably actually save you a good bit of money from paying hourly on campus, and save you a lot of hastle too!

Hope this helped!
Reply 5
Original post by DanStan94
Hi!

I go to Stirling uni too. Don't have a car but a few friends of mine do and say it's worth it. Never fun having to pay £200 but it will make life a lot easier being able to park on campus, especially if you're having to do school runs and then get on campus and make class on time.

You'll be using campus for maybe 9 or 10 months of the year at least so think of it as around £20 per month which will porbably actually save you a good bit of money from paying hourly on campus, and save you a lot of hastle too!

Hope this helped!

Hiya,

Yeah I have a provisional time table and the £200 is more than worth it compared to pay to display. I just wanted to make sure it was worth it before paying it out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending