The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

What is UEA's Laundrette like?

Like how much is it? How many washes am I allowed to do in a week? Where is it located? All that jazz. I'll be starting my first year in September. :^)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by knifeprincess
Like how much is it? How many washes am I allowed to do in a week? Where is it located? All that jazz. I'll be starting my first year in September. :^)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! You can ultimately do as many washes as you like, you just have to pay for them all... :biggrin: For a wash and dry, it's £4 iirc, I think £2.20 for wash, £1.80 for dry (something along those lines!). To be honest, the driers are pretty crap, and so I recommend just washing, and drying back at your room if possible, as it saves a lot of money!
Depending on where your accomm is - if you're in the Village, there's a laundrette there, and if you're on the main campus, you'll either go to the Street laundrette, or the one by the Med Centre. The Med centre generally always has machines free. The one on the Street can get very busy, especially in the evenings, but generally if you do have to wait, it's only 5-10 mins before a machine becomes free. Also, they're open 24/7, so I did a lot of 2am washes when I couldn't sleep... You can also get wifi in them, so can chill with iPlayer/movie...
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by mobbsy91
Hey! You can ultimately do as many washes as you like, you just have to pay for them all... :biggrin: For a wash and dry, it's £4 iirc, I think £2.20 for wash, £1.80 for dry (something along those lines!). To be honest, the driers are pretty crap, and so I recommend just washing, and drying back at your room if possible, as it saves a lot of money!
Depending on where your accomm is - if you're in the Village, there's a laundrette there, and if you're on the main campus, you'll either go to the Street laundrette, or the one by the Med Centre. The Med centre generally always has machines free. The one on the Street can get very busy, especially in the evenings, but generally if you do have to wait, it's only 5-10 mins before a machine becomes free. Also, they're open 24/7, so I did a lot of 2am washes when I couldn't sleep... You can also get wifi in them, so can chill with iPlayer/movie...

Alright thanks for the info! :-D This is a stupid qs but do we need to bring our own laundry detergent or is it included in the price?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by knifeprincess
Alright thanks for the info! :-D This is a stupid qs but do we need to bring our own laundry detergent or is it included in the price?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do have to bring your own detergent stuff...!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending