The Student Room Group

Chess games

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Electrospective
Some people haven't done the first round yet....

Spoiler

Let me play instead of one of the missing first rounders!!
I suck at chess. :ahee: But I wanna play chess so....

Let the chess games begin! :colone:

EDIT: SOME OF YOU MAY NOT HAVE FIGURED THIS OUT BUT IT'LL BE AN ONLINE GAME OF CHESS......

Editededit: Quote me or tag me and I'll add you to the list below

Spoiler

I'll join in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Another amusing game: https://en.lichess.org/OkteJPVV/black#1

White is clearly collecting material for his upcoming book, "How not to play openings". By move 4 he has dissipated any edge that white usually has and black must be slightly better. He then embarks on a policy of not developing any pieces and moving his queen to hem them in while simultaneously losing a pawn for nothing, then prevents himself from castling and eventually suffers the rare ignominy of being back-rank mated in the middle of the board.

It's a shame I didn't spot 13 Qd3+ followed by 14 Nb4!! That would have been a really nice finish. In my defence I had a gut feeling this guy was going to mate himself with 14 Ne2 whatever I did :smile:
Original post by Forum User
Let me play instead of one of the missing first rounders!!

Coolio!

Great ^_^

I'll tag you both in the first post in a sec. :tongue:

Spoiler

Coolio!

Great ^_^

Spoiler

oh fk i forgot
when i get home :wink:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
oh fk i forgot
when i get home :wink:

You better :colonhash:
x

Btw what's your chess ability?
You better :colonhash:

:colonhash:
Btw what's your chess ability?

Intermediate on a bad day, reasonably strong on a good day. Used to play a lot years and years ago.
Another amusing game: https://en.lichess.org/OkteJPVV/black#1

White is clearly collecting material for his upcoming book, "How not to play openings". By move 4 he has dissipated any edge that white usually has and black must be slightly better. He then embarks on a policy of not developing any pieces and moving his queen to hem them in while simultaneously losing a pawn for nothing, then prevents himself from castling and eventually suffers the rare ignominy of being back-rank mated in the middle of the board.

It's a shame I didn't spot 13 Qd3+ followed by 14 Nb4!! That would have been a really nice finish. In my defence I had a gut feeling this guy was going to mate himself with 14 Ne2 whatever I did :smile:

What an absolutely beautiful possible finish, Tal would've seen that in seconds XD.
Coolio!

Great ^_^

Spoiler

What's with the emoji? :tongue:
Sure, when are you free, Electro? :smile:
Original post by Matrix123
What's with the emoji? :tongue:
Sure, when are you free, Electro? :smile:

I don't know. :rofl:
Anytime really, and yourself? :biggrin:
I don't know. :rofl:
Anytime really, and yourself? :biggrin:

:lol: And interesting new avatar :tongue:
Pretty much the same. I'm just catching up on a few notifications...maybe we could play in about 5 minutes? :smile:
Original post by Matrix123
:lol: And interesting new avatar :tongue:
Pretty much the same. I'm just catching up on a few notifications...maybe we could play in about 5 minutes? :smile:

Fanks :wink:
Okie dokes. I'll message you a link in about 5 minutes. ^_^
Fanks :wink:
Okie dokes. I'll message you a link in about 5 minutes. ^_^

OK :biggrin:
Coolio!

Great ^_^

Spoiler

EnglishMuon won our game, we said we'd play another game but haven't got round to it so I'm fine with him going to the next round. :yy:

In the mean time if anyone wants to play a casual game tag me or something. :biggrin:
Original post by IrrationalRoot
What an absolutely beautiful possible finish, Tal would've seen that in seconds XD.

Here's another nice miniature from the Scandinavian with a pleasing mate: https://en.lichess.org/u5A2Id5Y6nqD

I thought I had played that pretty well but the computer doesn't like 10... 0-0-0. I liked 13... Rd3 although the machine thinks h5 immediately is better (obviously I planned to follow Rd3 with h5 in many variations).
Here's another nice miniature from the Scandinavian with a pleasing mate: https://en.lichess.org/u5A2Id5Y6nqD

I thought I had played that pretty well but the computer doesn't like 10... 0-0-0. I liked 13... Rd3 although the machine thinks h5 immediately is better (obviously I planned to follow Rd3 with h5 in many variations).

Nice accurate play there from you. Though I don't like c4 for white, I always play d4 in that position, let the knight recapture and then kick it with c4.
Original post by RayApparently
EnglishMuon won our game, we said we'd play another game but haven't got round to it so I'm fine with him going to the next round. :yy:

In the mean time if anyone wants to play a casual game tag me or something. :biggrin:

I'd like a game but idk how to set one up lol.
Original post by IrrationalRoot
I'd like a game but idk how to set one up lol.

I can set one up and come on in about 20mins if that's ok?

Quick Reply

Latest