The Student Room Group

Can guys actually be scared of a girl making a move?

As the title says really. A guy I have liked for a while and I'm pretty sure he liked me too from the way he's acted with me (constant staring, talking about me with friends etc) is acting really strange with me since I tried to make more of an effort to get to know him. I am really shy and I think he is too so I messaged him a casual question which he answered fine but since then he's been acting really awkwardly with me. He changed seats after he realised he would be beside me and then on a different occasion made an excuse to leave his friend after he saw me in the room. This was all within a few days of me messaging yet before that he had never had a problem coming near me. So could he like me but is just scared of making a move and is scared I'm going to put him in an awkward situation? Or does he really not like me?

Scroll to see replies

Nahh he likes you, just stressing unnecessarily about what he will say to you when you are close. Some guys are scared of a girl being sexually aggressive. I say bring it on :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sometimes.

Just be outright and ask him if he wants to meet up sometime. :smile:
Guys never dislike it when a girl makes the first move..... if we like you, great less work for us! If we don't like you, we can inform you and potentially stop any further infatuation!
Go for it!
Reply 4
Anyone else?
He probably doesn't feel ready to take on what he thinks is going to happen.

Go up to him and give him no choice but to fight you. Once you've both got it all out of your system you can cuddle with only bliss.
Reply 6
I wouldn't be scared, I'd welcome it :innocent:
Only if she's uggers
Original post by ChickenMadness
Only if she's uggers

Summarise what would make a girl uggers (completely serious question, I actually am curious)
I suppose they can.

It's worth mentioning that a guy might be working through some personal insecurities (eg. body image) and not want to get into a relationship even if they like the girl.
I suppose they can.

It's worth mentioning that a guy might be working through some personal insecurities (eg. body image) and not want to get into a relationship at that point even if they like the girl.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Summarise what would make a girl uggers (completely serious question, I actually am curious)

lol wasn't really serious. But if I'm not interested it can be awkward. Some girls go crazy when you reject them lol. Actually not some, most haha.
lol wasn't really serious. But if I'm not interested it can be awkward. Some girls go crazy when you reject them lol. Actually not some, most haha.
Welcome back Chick Dick
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Welcome back Chick Dick

thanks. not got much to do until uni starts again.
thanks. not got much to do until uni starts again.
Yeh still dating?
Yeh still dating?

Well I will be when uni starts lol. Broke up with my gf.
Original post by TreeFellOnMe
He probably doesn't feel ready to take on what he thinks is going to happen.

Original post by Anonymous
I suppose they can.

It's worth mentioning that a guy might be working through some personal insecurities (eg. body image) and not want to get into a relationship at that point even if they like the girl.

Thanks these both make sense I suppose
Well I will be when uni starts lol. Broke up with my gf.
That's sad. And yeh will be when uni starts, cocky much.
That's sad. And yeh will be when uni starts, cocky much.

lol it's not hard to go on dates and hang out with girls. It's hard finding someone you get on well enough to be in a relationship with though.
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone else?

As possibly the leading entity on waiting too long; don't. Just go in for the kill

Quick Reply

Latest