The Student Room Group

How much should I charge for regular lift?

In September I have agreed to take someone to school with my in my car. They live in my village and I would be going that way every day. How much money would be reasonable to ask for. The journey time is 8 miles there and 8 miles back 3-5 times per week. I'm approximating that my car does about 35-45 mpg with the fuel cost at about £1.10 in my area.
How much does it cost you to do that journey?
I'd half whatever it costs you fuel wise and round up... you are going anyway but you also have to pay the running costs of the car
Original post by STroombio98
In September I have agreed to take someone to school with my in my car. They live in my village and I would be going that way every day. How much money would be reasonable to ask for. The journey time is 8 miles there and 8 miles back 3-5 times per week. I'm approximating that my car does about 35-45 mpg with the fuel cost at about £1.10 in my area.

11 for the fuel but add some for time and other running costs I'd bill them £20-30
If you are making the journey regardless of whether this person is in your car or not, why are you charging them? I used to give my neighbour a lift to school with me but I didn't charge her because whether or not she gets in my car I'm still going to have to make the journey. Unless picking them up and dropping them off is going to cost you any extra and in that case I'd just work out how much extra it's going to cost and charge them that.
Original post by STroombio98

16 miles a day is realistically only going to cost you around £2-3 each day. I would suggest maybe £2-£2.5 per day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending