The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Does anyone know what the tickets for sale tomorrow for freshers are about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of York
York
Reply 61
I've just been told there are no rooms left and I have to either share or live with second/third years!!!:angry:
Original post by At1045
I've just been told there are no rooms left and I have to either share or live with second/third years!!!:angry:

Yeah me too. Can't be dealing with that 😩 Hopefully something else will come up
Reply 63
Original post by At1045

Oh no! What are you going to do? Is there no chance of you getting your original offer at Langwith?
Reply 64
Original post by alexarmstrong7
Yeah me too. Can't be dealing with that 😩 Hopefully something else will come up

I've put sharing with older ones as my choice :frown: I just can't live in a twin room :'(
Reply 65
Original post by tesa
Oh no! What are you going to do? Is there no chance of you getting your original offer at Langwith?

No :frown: it was too expensive anyway. I don't understand how this is fair, my application must have gone to the bottom of the pile
Reply 66
Original post by At1045
No :frown: it was too expensive anyway. I don't understand how this is fair, my application must have gone to the bottom of the pile

Preference was given to those who applied first so that might be it...
Reply 67
Original post by At1045

No it doesn't seem fair. But you never know, you might get on really well with the older ones in your flat.
Reply 68
Original post by tesa
No it doesn't seem fair. But you never know, you might get on really well with the older ones in your flat.

It says only 'I'd like to be considered' which means I probably won't get that either. The only other option is student castle
Reply 69
Original post by At1045
It says only 'I'd like to be considered' which means I probably won't get that either. The only other option is student castle

What's student castle? Is that other uni accomadation?
Reply 70
Original post by tesa
What's student castle? Is that other uni accomadation?

Not owned by the uni and more expensive then the uni too.
Reply 71
Original post by tesa
What's student castle? Is that other uni
accomadation?

Yeah it's in the centre rather than on campus. Thing is its for 51 weeks which means I could have just accepted Langwith. I just thought they'd have got back to be sooner rather than make me wait.:frown: what a mess
Reply 72
Original post by At1045
Yeah it's in the centre rather than on campus. Thing is its for 51 weeks which means I could have just accepted Langwith. I just thought they'd have got back to be sooner rather than make me wait.:frown: what a mess

Oh god! I'm sorry. Fingers crossed you get into a flat with the older students. Maybe you could call the uni explaining your situation...
Reply 73
Original post by gofios
Hello!

Would you be interested in a place at Derwent college for 40 weeks, shared and self catered? I would be delighted to swap :smile:

That was literally my first choice! I haven't got my accommodation yet, I think I'm getting it today but what do you want to swap for? :smile:
Original post by Polly808
Hi! Got into York today, so excited, but really disappointed about getting my 7th choice accommodation. If anyone is on Hes East (would really love Langwith) and wants to be on Hes West I am looking to swap. I have a ensuite, catered room in James, 40 weeks.

Thanks!

Hi I've got a room in edens court 40 week let and shared bathroom and self catered. i'd really love to swap with you if you're interested ?
Original post by doctorwhofan98
I'm coming to York for Law - so excited! I got my first choice accommodation (Constantine College) as well, which I'm really happy about.

Oh my gosh. We are in the same college and doing the same course! Hit me up
Hi,
I don't know much about the collegiate system. I got into York for Law and was wondering where the department is (East or West) and where Constantine college and Derwent college are (East or West).

Help would be appreciated

Thanks x
Reply 77
Original post by Giorgiiaa
Hi,
I don't know much about the collegiate system. I got into York for Law and was wondering where the department is (East or West) and where Constantine college and Derwent college are (East or West).

Thanks x

Law is on east but you will likely have lectures on both campuses. Constantine is east Derwent is west
Original post by Aph
Law is on east but you will likely have lectures on both campuses. Constantine is east Derwent is west

Thank you so much
Original post by Giorgiiaa
Hi,

Thanks x

As Aph said, Law is on Hes East, but if I were you, I would not reject everything from Hes West just cos its on the other side of the campus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending