The Student Room Group

As aabc - ucl physics

I got for AS:
A - Math
A - Physics
B - Further Math (Very dissapointed)
C - Chemsitry (hated it so much, dropping it)

What is the likely hood of getting a offer from UCL, entry requirements AAA, in Maths, Physics and a third subject. I do a lot of extra curricular things, and they like further maths though they don't require it.
Reply 1
Original post by samendrag
I got for AS:
A - Math
A - Physics
B - Further Math (Very dissapointed)
C - Chemsitry (hated it so much, dropping it)

What is the likely hood of getting a offer from UCL, entry requirements AAA, in Maths, Physics and a third subject. I do a lot of extra curricular things, and they like further maths though they don't require it.

Pretty likely to get an offer. You're pretty damn close to their required AAA with your AAB. You just need to work a little harder in year 13 and you can easily exceed their grade requirements.
Reply 2
Original post by Vyres
Pretty likely to get an offer. You're pretty damn close to their required AAA with your AAB. You just need to work a little harder in year 13 and you can easily exceed their grade requirements.

Thanks for the reply, but wont the fact that the B is in further maths vs another subject be a plus point as they like the subject
Reply 3
Thanks for the reply, but wont the fact that the B is in further maths vs another subject be a plus point as they like the subject

I mean if you're going to be studying Physics it's obviously better that you get a B in the further maths instead of maths or physics. If they like further maths then you should be fine because a B at AS can easily become an A at A2. So I doubt that you have anything to worry about realistically.
Reply 4
Thanks for the help, made me feel a lot better
Reply 5
Thanks for the help, made me feel a lot better

No problem :smile:. Have a good day.

Quick Reply

Latest