The Student Room Group

Best Method for Home Studying

Hi guys, I want to study Business Studies A-Level at home and then go to an exam centre to take the test there. What would be my best option I've saw some online courses but they cost like £470 roughly unless that one was really expensive? I want to complete them so I can go to Uni in Sept 2017.
I would need another A-Level as well I believe and would love to learn a language (Spanish) but with no background in the language I feel i'd struggle to get good grades as native speakers tend to raise the grade boundaries i've heard. What course would people recommend in my time at sixth form I slacked off and dropped out after my first year. When sitting my A-Levels at home I'd like to have a part time job but wouldn't let this get in the way of my studies.
Thanks to everyone who responded to my thread a couple of days ago I know this is going to be hard work but I'm really determined to try and turn my life (career can't live with regret) around.
When it comes to sitting exams via home studying what information are you provided with?
Sorry this thread is so out of sequence I just have so many questions!
Original post by NotACop
Hi guys, I want to study Business Studies A-Level at home and then go to an exam centre to take the test there. What would be my best option I've saw some online courses but they cost like £470 roughly unless that one was really expensive? I want to complete them so I can go to Uni in Sept 2017.
I would need another A-Level as well I believe and would love to learn a language (Spanish) but with no background in the language I feel i'd struggle to get good grades as native speakers tend to raise the grade boundaries i've heard. What course would people recommend in my time at sixth form I slacked off and dropped out after my first year. When sitting my A-Levels at home I'd like to have a part time job but wouldn't let this get in the way of my studies.
Thanks to everyone who responded to my thread a couple of days ago I know this is going to be hard work but I'm really determined to try and turn my life (career can't live with regret) around.
When it comes to sitting exams via home studying what information are you provided with?
Sorry this thread is so out of sequence I just have so many questions!

I'm doing homeschool and doing in 1 year will not get you A/A*s so it won't be worth it.
Do you live in Kent, UK? London? North? For exam centre.

*You also need 3 A-Levels, example of what I'm doing so its both homeschool + college: A-LEVEL Maths(home) Diploma in Applied Science (college)* maybe try something like that as it would be benefical as lower exam costs.

As your doing difference course than me... you will need to find resouces on your own but why not do BTEC Extended Diploma in Business Studies? Its respect just aim for D*D*D*... thats what you want to go into right? You can do that at college, if thats an option.

https://www.duolingo.com/ try this for languages I'm learning Italian on it (not for A-Level) it'll help get you started if you end up doing A-Levels at home.
Reply 2
Original post by ckfeister
I'm doing homeschool and doing in 1 year will not get you A/A*s so it won't be worth it.
Do you live in Kent, UK? London? North? For exam centre.

*You also need 3 A-Levels, example of what I'm doing so its both homeschool + college: A-LEVEL Maths(home) Diploma in Applied Science (college)* maybe try something like that as it would be benefical as lower exam costs.

As your doing difference course than me... you will need to find resouces on your own but why not do BTEC Extended Diploma in Business Studies? Its respect just aim for D*D*D*... thats what you want to go into right? You can do that at college, if thats an option.

https://www.duolingo.com/ try this for languages I'm learning Italian on it (not for A-Level) it'll help get you started if you end up doing A-Levels at home.

I live in the West Midlands and there are some exam centres near me. If it takes longer than a year I can live with that as long as I'm working towards something.

I got Distinction * in my A/S BTEC but never sat my A2 is it possible to do that second year at a college? Would that put me at any kind of a disadvantage to an A-Level in it though when it comes to applying to Uni?

Thanks will check the site out!
Original post by NotACop
I live in the West Midlands and there are some exam centres near me. If it takes longer than a year I can live with that as long as I'm working towards something.

I got Distinction * in my A/S BTEC but never sat my A2 is it possible to do that second year at a college? Would that put me at any kind of a disadvantage to an A-Level in it though when it comes to applying to Uni?

Thanks will check the site out!

What degree/job are you planning to go into?
Reply 4
Original post by ckfeister
What degree/job are you planning to go into?

Either Business Management or International Business something along those lines. I don't really have one set goal other than business oriented perhaps Marketing. However I'd love to work on the Business side of sports industry.

Quick Reply

Latest