The Student Room Group

EU students maintenance loan

Hi,

next year I'm going to be study at an English uni as an EU student. As my family doesn't exactly swim in gold, not only do I need to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan, but I would also like to ask for the Mantenaince Loan, which they say is only available for Home students. I'm a little bit worried about this, because it could prevent me to go to university next year as accomodation in London is super expensive. Any chance that there's an alternative way to obtain it?
Reply 1
Original post by Mariajbl
Hi,

next year I'm going to be study at an English uni as an EU student. As my family doesn't exactly swim in gold, not only do I need to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan, but I would also like to ask for the Mantenaince Loan, which they say is only available for Home students. I'm a little bit worried about this, because it could prevent me to go to university next year as accomodation in London is super expensive. Any chance that there's an alternative way to obtain it?

You would only be able to get a Maintenance Loan if you had been living in the UK for five full years before your course starts. There's no way round it.
Original post by Mariajbl
Hi,

Original post by Klix88
You would only be able to get a Maintenance Loan if you had been living in the UK for five full years before your course starts. There's no way round it.

Unless OP or OP's parents are migrant workers in the UK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending