The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Uni London Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _howl

Has anyone received a welcome email or anything like that yet? I'm not sure if I should be expecting one or...

I haven't got one yet either, I suspect they'll send them out in the week to come
mysis hasn't really been updated either
maybe they'll send them out in a batch after they've finished all the clearing applications?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Bloom77
Sorry nothing it was a mistake haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will be sorry.. :tongue:
Original post by _howl
Prospective Computer Science student here.

Has anyone received a welcome email or anything like that yet? I'm not sure if I should be expecting one or...

Also, @XxKingSniprxX, where did you find your timetable?

You tagged me wrong hence why I didn't receive any message.

I just typed in QMUL Physics timetable and I saw a rough overview of lecture times and modules across the 3-4 years of the degree so I knew a idea of how long I'll be at uni and how many days.

Expect STEM courses to have more contact hours anyway. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Oculuscuscus
Biomedical Sciences, what about you? 😊
Computer Science with a foundation year :smile:

Original post by SleepyHawk
Doin BEng mechanical engeering and pretty excited for it!
nice avatar btw! tokyo ghoul right?
Hell yea, my homie! xD
During freshers are there any UoL events or is at all quite separated at different colleges?
Original post by Wanonawa

Hell yea, my homie! xD

Totally knew it!
love the artist that did it tooo
Top quality art
So excited😁 is anyone going to get a freshers pass? Also, has anyone had a welcome package?
Original post by Lucymaij97
So excited😁 is anyone going to get a freshers pass? Also, has anyone had a welcome package?

What does the freshers pass get you into besides alcoholic related events? :hmmmm2:

I'm assuming welcome packages are given to those who move into halls etc.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What does the freshers pass get you into besides alcoholic related events? :hmmmm2:

I'm assuming welcome packages are given to those who move into halls etc.

Urmm it says on the freshers page you can get into fairs and other events like film screenings for half the price.

Apparently you save about £50 on entry fees, so for alcohol events that's really good because, well - more money for drinks😏

Ahhh okay, are you staying in halls?
Is anyone studying global health???!!!
Original post by Lucymaij97
Urmm it says on the freshers page you can get into fairs and other events like film screenings for half the price.

Apparently you save about £50 on entry fees, so for alcohol events that's really good because, well - more money for drinks😏

Ahhh okay, are you staying in halls?

Ah ok, depends whats on @film screening. How much is that freshers pass band thing? £10 or?

Nah, I'm commuting to uni gotta save the £ k's over the year so I can move out perm once I graduate from uni + prefer a gradual progression towards independence not like being thrown into wilderness and learning to survive like bear grylls :lol:
Reply 51
Hi everyone! I'll be studying Medicine at QM (Barts) :smile:

How are you all feeling about starting? I'm so excited!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Did anyone else get this email which contains this?

Before you are able to complete full enrolment here at Queen Mary we will require confirmation of your most recent qualifications listed on your application, which satisfy our Entrance Requirements.

If you have taken GCE Advanced, Advanced Subsidiary (Single and Double Awards), 9 Unit Awards and Advanced Extension Awards and achieved results this year, UCAS will match what you list on your application with the results received from the awarding organisations (the exam boards) and will send your results to us automatically.

If you have been accepted at Queen Mary on qualifications not stated above or you were awarded your qualifications prior to this academic year and have not already supplied original evidence of your qualifications, then you will need to bring these with you to the enrolment centre.

Does this mean I don't email my certificates right? I just bring them to the enrolment centre
When do I bring these tho?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Hey!
Is anyone going to be studying Biochemistry? :h:
Anyone get email about enrollment
Original post by coolgamer

About pre-enrolment yes
Original post by Oculuscuscus
About pre-enrolment yes

I have not recieved mine 🙁 ..wat course are u studying?

Yeah pre-enrolment
I have
I've filled it in and booked my enrolment date
I still haven't sent in my declaration form for student finance so that needs to be done

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have not recieved mine 🙁 ..wat course are u studying?

My friend hasn't received it for English
Not sure why

Posted from TSR Mobile
Current QM student here! happy to answer any questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending