The Student Room Group

Can I apply for an ABB course if I'm predicted BBB?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
So I got my AS results today and from the looks of it, I'm going to be predicted BBB. The course I want at the uni I'm looking at is asking for ABB. Is there any chance at all that I can get into it if I apply?

What are your AS grades if I may ask? Try and get them predicted to be one above each grade.

If you still don't meet the requirements, apply to the course anyway. You still have four other choices, as well as UCAS extra anyway.
Yeah I'd say go for it - I mean you do have 5 choices so just make sure that you be realistic with the remaining four.
I don't know if u would consider it. I also got BCC in AS and that's all my teacher's would predict me but i applied for the best BBC course/uni i could find. In the end i got ABB and applied through adjustment and am in. it's better than not achieveing the grade and not having a place imo.
yeah u can. universities inflate their entry requirements on purpose
So I got my AS results today and from the looks of it, I'm going to be predicted BBB. The course I want at the uni I'm looking at is asking for ABB. Is there any chance at all that I can get into it if I apply?

Sire its already been answered but its possible on 2 counts.
1. Persuading one of your teachers to give you a higher predicted grades based on probiding some evidence.
2. The Uni could still give you an ABB offer amd jusy expect you to work harder.
If ABB is typical then a small number will be accpeted or offered less.

If you have a specific course, then try contacting them and sounding them out.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
What are your AS grades if I may ask? Try and get them predicted to be one above each grade.

If you still don't meet the requirements, apply to the course anyway. You still have four other choices, as well as UCAS extra anyway.

What is UCAS extra?
Reply 26
Just make sure you have a kick ass personal statement and a good reference. You'll get there :smile:
Original post by money-for-all
What is UCAS extra?

It's a service for people who get 5 rejections. You can apply to a sixth university, if you get rejected, you can apply to a seventh and so on...
Yep first time around before I did my resits I applied to university of Birmingham university of Sheffield and university of Liverpool for law, with BCC achieved and the first 2 unis asking for AAA and Liverpool ABB. A lot will depend on your personal statement and if you show that you've thought ahead.
Who dares wins. My mate who did btec business and had a c at maths was told not to apply to ucl for accounting and management or something to that effect, and that he should instead not take another year and apply for ucl. He got in, I was encouraged to go to Birmingham city uni, took a year out, got into Sheffield. Your personal tutors definitely mean well (and mine later helped me out for my Ucas reference in November before last) but it's in their interests to encourage you to go to uni. To them it Dosent matter what you do after you leave college/sixth form, your just a stat that is published. Use your own judgement and stand your ground if you really want to apply to a certain uni, but do be respectful and consider their advice to
I applied to an ABB course last year with the AS grades BBDE, and the D grade was one mark in to a D. I got an offer from the uni (Cardiff uni) with predicted grades of BBC. After getting BBD at A2, I have been accepted onto the course! So, I think you definitely have a chance you will get into the course, especialy if your course isn't a highly sought after course such as psychology or medicine.
Original post by money-for-all
hey i got BBC, possibly will get predicted AAB
would you recommend applying to an AAB uni, considering my AS Results ?
Thanks

Yeah you could tbh.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA

I got BCC (B is an A2 so that isn't changing) and I'm trying to send one off for a remark because I was 3 marks off a B). I'm going to beg the History department to predict me an A.
Original post by Linds_97
I applied to an ABB course last year with the AS grades BBDE, and the D grade was one mark in to a D. I got an offer from the uni (Cardiff uni) with predicted grades of BBC. After getting BBD at A2, I have been accepted onto the course! So, I think you definitely have a chance you will get into the course, especialy if your course isn't a highly sought after course such as psychology or medicine.

My course is English (which is fairly competitive) and the unis I'm looking at are Nottingham/Glasgow. Well done for getting into Cardiff too! :biggrin:
Reply 34
I got BBC in my AS levels and my teachers predicted me ABB and I got offers.
I got BCC (B is an A2 so that isn't changing) and I'm trying to send one off for a remark because I was 3 marks off a B). I'm going to beg the History department to predict me an A.

You're taking Linear A levels right?
Well, the AS levels won't count, and they're not considered by a lot of places now. If you can just get your teachers to predict you an A, you'll be fine.
Original post by _bob_
I got BBC in my AS levels and my teachers predicted me ABB and I got offers.

From where?

You could always apply for the one uni that requires ABB. Theres no harm i suppose. I would only apply for the one though, as you dont want to apply too high and not get your offers.
It may be worth contacting the uni you are interested in though to see what they say (not at the minute though, they may be swamped with calls/emails, but at a later date).
And good luck with the remarks.
Reply 38
From where?

from queen mary, royal holloway, kings college,ucl and Hertfordshire

You can apply, as I got offers that were ABB-BBB even though my predicted grades were CCC. I've now got into UEA and start this September.

Quick Reply

Latest