The Student Room Group

There is no evidence for God

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mikaela!
Okay : ) Where do stars come from? : )

You are now telling me about evolution and species transforming

But where did the first specie of a particular form of nature come from to be transformed and evolve?
I am not evoking a ' A supernatural explanation', i know there is one.

Everything has to come from something,nothing comes from nothing.

Stars come from hydrogen and helium which were formed in the big bang.It is unknown where matter came from.The big bang merely describes the expansion of the universe from a single point.It doesnt describe anything before that.Where matter comes from.How life began.Whether this is the only universe.All unknown.But thats the job of science.Science is a process to find out some of the answers if we can.Just because you dont know something doesnt mean you can just say god did it.The correct response is to say ok we dont know but lets try and find out.Even if we never find out at least we tried.Some people cant stand not knowing so they say it must be god.But the truth is we dont know what its all about and anyone who says they do is lying.
So true God is great!

Thanks bae :h:
Reply 282
Sorry to be pedantic, but virtual particles arise from vacuum energy, which is indeed something.
Original post by davidoriakhi
the veil of science, makes it so hard to see the REAL truth.
look science can do its utmost best to explain what happened in the early years of the creation of the universe, but it can NEVER explain why and how it was created, our knowledge is too limited to comprehend or even fathom the greatness of God. There is no physics principle, no mathematical equation, and no form of understanding that can adequately quantify God.
God bless you m8.

Hey, you don't know if a magical bowl of spaghetti started the universe, and since we can't explain ourselves how EXACTLY it happened, lets just go with this.

This is basically what your telling me?
Lol You still haven't told me anything?

Life itself can't seem to be explained by many scientists,, it doesn't seem to have many legit answers.

Where do these forces come from to even be able to be strong enough to do what they are doing? From nowhere?

Where does this concept come from? that we as humans should aim to maximise happiness and reduce suffering?

Sounds something like the God i serve wants from us : ) but hey lovely speaking to you! xx

It's your problem that you can't phrase your questions in a way that can be clearly answered, not ours. The interface between non-life and life on this planet is hard to figure out, you can't exactly dig up a fossil of a between-not-life-and-life cell to investigate.

The question about the forces doesn't make sense, they simply describe a property of matter. It is an intrinsic part of it. It exists as part of the Universe, with no clearly defined origin other than the Universe itself. It's not like deities that you have to "believe" to be real though, its effects still run whether you like or know about it.

The maximising happiness is based on utilitarianism, a branch of philosophy about what moral behaviours are. It's also based on the fact that we can feel and have experiences, whereas something like a puddle can't.
Reply 285
Amen! : )

So true God is great!

Amen.

Bloody echo chamber dweebs.
Original post by Rather_Cynical
Neither can religion. It made thousands of guesses throughout the millenia, could you honestly say that all of them were right?

dont get me wrong m8, i dont believe in religion.
I believe in having a personal relationship with God.
Christianity is not a religion, its just having a personal relationship with God.
we dont need to pray 5 times a day or fast for a certain period of time, we dont do rituals.
we worship God because we want to, thats the way we can thank him and praise him for our lives and what we have.
im not saying other religions are right, and NO they do not all lead to the same God.
God bless you.
you don't need to physically detect something before you can know it exists.
can you see your brain? can you feel it?
its obvious your brain is there because of the tasks you can perform (your ability to think and perform, your ability to retain memory and regurgitate it when necessary)
God exists! even the scientists you put ALL your faith in can't answer everything. But God can, yes He can.
thats life my friend,
God bless.

The only instrument that should be trusted, is precise data-measuring tools. The things you're citing like brains have very specific mechanisms on how they work and interact with the world, Gods don't.

Faith - ie belief despite contradictions to reason - aren't desired or necessary in science.

Also, try to make yourself a little more understandable. The posts you make are hardly legible
Christianity is not a religion, its just having a personal relationship with God.
we dont need to pray 5 times a day or fast for a certain period of time, we dont do rituals.
we worship God because we want to, thats the way we can thank him and praise him for our lives and what we have.
im not saying other religions are right, and NO they do not all lead to the same God.
God bless you.

Christianity involves a belief against reason in a supernatural deity, of course it's a religion.

But suppose you can have a personal relationship with God, how do you interact with him exactly? Do you send SMS text messages to his phone?
Original post by Robby2312
Stars come from hydrogen and helium which were formed in the big bang.It is unknown where matter came from.The big bang merely describes the expansion of the universe from a single point.It doesnt describe anything before that.Where matter comes from.How life began.Whether this is the only universe.All unknown.But thats the job of science.Science is a process to find out some of the answers if we can.Just because you dont know something doesnt mean you can just say god did it.The correct response is to say ok we dont know but lets try and find out.Even if we never find out at least we tried.Some people cant stand not knowing so they say it must be god.But the truth is we dont know what its all about and anyone who says they do is lying.

My questions were not rhetorical and i did not say 'God did it' you did. Yes i believe God did regardless but that is not the point i was trying to make.

My point is that science in itself cannot tell me much or tell me anything about the person that i am, or why i'm here, nor where life really came from, and this is what a lot of people put their trust in.

Yes, i believe many things are a process which was why i didn't wake up one morning and think 'i'll believe in this God called Jesus today' it was a process, but i can assure you that my God has all power over science.

But hey : )
it was lovely speaking to you to! xx
God bless you.

How do you other religions are wrong and don't lead to the same God? I mean it can't be the Bible or anything since you just want a personal relationship with God and don't want to follow these traditions and 'rituals'.
Original post by LightAtTheEnd
Hey, you don't know if a magical bowl of spaghetti started the universe, and since we can't explain ourselves how EXACTLY it happened, lets just go with this.

This is basically what your telling me?

and neither do you know if two random particles of high temperature, pressure and density from a singularity to form an INFINITE universe?
so what if we know EXACTLY what happened? what would it change in the life you and i live now?
will it stop wars from happening? will it stop new diseases from rising, killing millions of people?
will it stop greedy and stupid politicians (TRUMP) from all the shenanigans they say and what they plan on doing? (hopefully he dosent get the chance)
God bless you.
So true God is great!

Amen!
My questions were not rhetorical and i did not say 'God did it' you did. Yes i believe God did regardless but that is not the point i was trying to make.

My point is that science in itself cannot tell me much or tell me anything about the person that i am, or why i'm here, nor where life really came from, and this is what a lot of people put their trust in.

Yes, i believe many things are a process which was why i didn't wake up one morning and think 'i'll believe in this God called Jesus today' it was a process, but i can assure you that my God has all power over science.

But hey : )
it was lovely speaking to you to! xx

The person you are would be determined by genetics, epigenetics, environmental factors, psychology, neuroscience, etc. The questions about why you're here depends on the framework of that question, and what assumptions it makes. I don't think you ever had to be here, you just happen to be from circumstance.

Life's origins can be more or less theorised and tested, but to dig back into geological history is near enough impossible because they were single-celled organisms that don't leave much of an evidence-trail like other species.

I don't think there's any particular part that you'd like to know that would ever make religious conviction the better choice, except maybe that it's the most convenient and palatable answer of all.
and neither do you know if two random particles of high temperature, pressure and density from a singularity to form an INFINITE universe?
so what if we know EXACTLY what happened? what would it change in the life you and i live now?
will it stop wars from happening? will it stop new diseases from rising, killing millions of people?
will it stop greedy and stupid politicians (TRUMP) from all the shenanigans they say and what they plan on doing? (hopefully he dosent get the chance)
God bless you.

Yea but we have evidence to support it. This isn't spiritual evidence or any of that ********. It's observable and empirical evidence. Something which your 'faith' can never provide.
It's not even 'faith' at this point. You're believing in something that you have NO idea exists. We on the other hand, even tho we may not know do have an idea.
Let's not talk about wars. Religion (Or God in general) has been a major factor in wars and conquests all the time. Also if your such a saint then why don't you become a politician? I'm sure your God will help you attain success in the field and will gladly help you stop these things :smile:
God bless you.

If we know, then we can stop pursuing a supernatural being and living our own lives properly in the here and now. To focus our efforts on humanitarian issues using the one thing that nature has gifted us - our minds - to develop technologies that can mitigate/alleviate the causes of war.

To understand disease better and making us more resilient against their spread. By not being easily pandered by the politicians you cite, just because they claim to love your God.
I'm a scientist so people may question why I believe in God. I guess I see god as the force behind science. I believe in the big bang and evolution. Maybe God was responsible for these events. I don't take the bible literally so I believe that God is not necessarily a he nor is he necessarily a human figure!
Original post by WhereIsTheLove??
But if this was true, how could we justify a justice system?
The murderer would be like 'you can't punish me cuz I did the right thing'
yet the judge would be like 'yeah but I think it is wrong. So there!'

Wouldn't this mean that some peoples opinions matter more than others?
Which would be unfair... or at least I think it is...

It obviously depends on the country where that justice system is based and that's why different nations have different morals. That is essentially how our countries already work because we don't have evidence that any of the morals we subscribe to are objective. And we can all see that our moral judgements have changed over time.
(edited 7 years ago)
My "god"... you've opened up a can of worms with this one.
you don't need to physically detect something before you can know it exists.
can you see your brain? can you feel it?
its obvious your brain is there because of the tasks you can perform (your ability to think and perform, your ability to retain memory and regurgitate it when necessary)
God exists! even the scientists you put ALL your faith in can't answer everything. But God can, yes He can.
thats life my friend,
God bless.

That is very poor example because you CAN see and detect the brain if you want to. You can cut someone's head open and see it. There is no way to see or detect God, it is just blind faith. And there is nothing noble about believing in something for which there is no evidence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending