The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Hi everyone, I took edexcel IALs and for the unit results, the grade A was printed infront of units even when the UMS was over 90% instead of A*(as they say, the theoretical A* boundry is published but it is not given as a result for each unit on the result sheet).
So would it be fine if I enter the UMS on my UCAS application instead of the grade for the units?
Reply 321
Hey guys,

I have a quick question. If you sat an AS this year but continue with the full new spec linear A Level, does your AS get cancelled?

do you still have to put in on UCAS?

Is there even such method such as cancelling your exam grade for a subject?

Please answer,

thanks!
Original post by hkw23
Hey guys,

I have a quick question. If you sat an AS this year but continue with the full new spec linear A Level, does your AS get cancelled?

do you still have to put in on UCAS?

Is there even such method such as cancelling your exam grade for a subject?

Please answer,

thanks!

You still declare it. It's up to the universities to decide if it's important or not. If you have continued the subject to full A-level most universities won't be interested in it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 323
Original post by jneill
You still declare it. It's up to the universities to decide if it's imprtant or not. If you have continued the subject to full A-level most universities won't be interested in it.

oh okay. thanks
Hi,
I have a history AS grade but due to reforms we have to sit the history exam in full again (incl. these AS exams) next year. I got an A this year and need to put this on my application bt there is no option for History A in AS (only at A2). Should I put the AS grades under history or is there a different way I should fill in this result?
If I have done 7 maths modules, including C3 and C4, would I list 6 under Mathematics A level and the FP1 under a separate Further Maths A level, bearing in mind they have not been cashed in and will be after I complete five more modules next year? Also do I list the module mark or just the grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I resat AS with different subjects minus one, do I HAVE TOO declare the two AS' that I took last year? even though they are D grades, not relevant to the course I'm applying too, I did not like them and more

I want to apply for UCL, Bath(Too far thou), Surrey, Kent (I don't wanna go; too far) and Queen Mary's. Mainly UCL and I don't want to put off UCL...I WANNA GOOOOOOOO

Also I'm fast tracking a few a levels, how do I declare them in UCAS, I don't have any grades to give...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BunnyMidnight
I resat AS with different subjects minus one, do I HAVE TOO declare the two AS' that I took last year? even though they are D grades, not relevant to the course I'm applying too, I did not like them and more

I want to apply for UCL, Bath(Too far thou), Surrey, Kent (I don't wanna go; too far) and Queen Mary's. Mainly UCL and I don't want to put off UCL...I WANNA GOOOOOOOO

Also I'm fast tracking a few a levels, how do I declare them in UCAS, I don't have any grades to give...

You have to declare all exams for which you have results, and not to do so is regarded as fraudulent. You put down any exams to be taken in the future as pending.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You have to declare all exams for which you have results, and not to do so is regarded as fraudulent. You put down any exams to be taken in the future as pending.

What do I do if this puts off UCL?
What do I do if this puts off UCL?

Be glad that you didn't withhold it, go to UCL and get your place taken from you when they found out. Universities regard fraudulent applications more seriously than a low grade on one.

Do I also put my grades received or predicted grades?
Do I also put my grades received or predicted grades?

Received grades go in the exam section that you fill in. Predicted grades come from your teachers and go in the reference.
Be glad that you didn't withhold it, go to UCL and get your place taken from you when they found out. Universities regard fraudulent applications more seriously than a low grade on one.

So it wouldn't put them off?
As I really need to go to a uni near home and to be at a uni I like, which UCL meets
So it wouldn't put them off?
As I really need to go to a uni near home and to be at a uni I like, which UCL meets

It depends on what your application is like and whether you fit the profile of what they are looking for.
It depends on what your application is like and whether you fit the profile of what they are looking for.

Got DDDB last year and this year I got DDEB, I'm on the new A-level reforms and my predicted grades are CCC, as the B is from AS and A-Level Media, I also am predicted B/A/A* for Biology and Chemistry.
Which is why I wanted to avoid adding them, my grades are bs :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Got DDDB last year and this year I got DDEB, I'm on the new A-level reforms and my predicted grades are CCC, as the B is from AS and A-Level Media, I also am predicted B/A/A* for Biology and Chemistry.
Which is why I wanted to avoid adding them, my grades are bs :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Spoiler

I'm a bit confused as to how your grades and predictions relate to each other. CCC is a fair set of predictions from both sets of results, but I don't know where the B/A/A* comes in. I fear they won't make you a competitive applicant for UCL, but one high risk choice won't be too much as long as you are really realistic about the other 4.
I'm a bit confused as to how your grades and predictions relate to each other. CCC is a fair set of predictions from both sets of results, but I don't know where the B/A/A* comes in. I fear they won't make you a competitive applicant for UCL, but one high risk choice won't be too much as long as you are really realistic about the other 4.

I do five a levels.
been told that I've been predicted between b-a* for bio and Chem

and that Sociology, Psychology, and English would be predicted CCC, I've been told if I prove myself before the UCAS deadline they will increase it but that is it....:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Aww man I'm fudge..looks like I will be taking a permanent gap year....:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry::cry::cry::cry:
(edited 7 years ago)
I do five a levels.
been told that I've been predicted between b-a* for bio and Chem

and that Sociology, Psychology, and English would be predicted CCC, I've been told if I prove myself before the UCAS deadline they will increase it but that is it....:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

I am also confused. Can you start again...

What are your AS subjects and grades? Either in public exams or end of year mocks.

And what are your A-level subjects and predictions?

And which course are you considering at UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Spoiler

Original post by jneill
I am also confused. Can you start again...

What are your AS subjects and grades? Either in public exams or end of year mocks.

And what are your A-level subjects and predictions?

And which course are you considering at UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AS Subjects:
Media Studies (Completed, I did AS and A2) - B
Sociology (Continuing) - E
Psychology (Continuing) - D
English Lit and Lang (Continuing) - D
Biology (Fast Tracking) - Pending
Chemistry (Fast Tracking) - Pending

A-level Subjects:
Sociology
Psychology
English Lit and Lang
Biology
Chemistry

Predicted Grades:
Sociology - C
Psychology - C
English Lit and Lang - C
Biology - A
Chemistry - A

(If I get B/As in my mocks before the UCAS application deadline, they will change the predicted grades for higher ones, but that is about it)

University Course:Chemistry

Latest

Trending

Trending