The Student Room Group

OCR A level maths

Has anyone done ocr a level maths and how does it compare to exdexel? Is the questions asked differently or is it harder?
I do OCR and I know someone who teaches Edexcel A level maths they say OCR's the easiest exam board for maths
Reply 2
I prepared for OCR A Level maths with the Edexcel books because they are very good and helpful and used the OCR revision books when I was preparing for the exams, both are fairly similar, I think the main differences are in the optional modules. Don't worry about how the questions are asked until you start doing past papers just focus on understanding the material first.
Reply 3
Original post by JW22
I prepared for OCR A Level maths with the Edexcel books because they are very good and helpful and used the OCR revision books when I was preparing for the exams, both are fairly similar, I think the main differences are in the optional modules. Don't worry about how the questions are asked until you start doing past papers just focus on understanding the material first.

Original post by swagmister
I do OCR and I know someone who teaches Edexcel A level maths they say OCR's the easiest exam board for maths

are there any distinctive differences between the spec and questions?
Original post by Hashtosh302

Sorry I don't know I haven't seen an a level edexcel maths paper before
Reply 5
Original post by Hashtosh302

The spec there isn't much difference, maybe one or two small things, the main difference is that you might learn about 5 topics in Edexcel C1 and 4 of those topics are in OCR C1 and the other is in OCR C2 and vice versa. Questions i'm not too sure but it doesn't really matter as long as you revise the correct past papers

Quick Reply

Latest