University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Who commutes to Uni? 2016 - Applicants and Returning Students

How long do you have to travel for?
Is it worth it?
How much free time do you have after?
Who is planning to commute - 2016 entry?
Commuting fee?
Original post by Dony111
How long do you have to travel for?
Is it worth it?
How much free time do you have after?
Who is planning to commute - 2016 entry?
Commuting fee?

Hi, I don't commute that far as I still live in Colchester but my commute takes around 45 minutes to the University of Essex.
I think it is worth it, if I get into University early I can catch up on any reading for lectures and as I have spent the time travelling to University I make sure I make the most of being there.
I have a lot of free time around my studies even after working part time and studying.
I am currently going into my third year and will continue to commute as I find you can get more for your money in terms of renting.
As I get the bus my commuting fee is just my yearly bus pass which is £160 a year.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by CampusCat
Hi, I don't commute that far as I still live in Colchester but my commute takes around 45 minutes to the University of Essex.
I think it is worth it, if I get into University early I can catch up on any reading for lectures and as I have spent the time travelling to University I make sure I make the most of being there.
I have a lot of free time around my studies even after working part time and studying.
I am currently going into my third year and will continue to commute as I find you can get more for your money in terms of renting.
As I get the bus my commuting fee is just my yearly bus pass which is £160 a year.

That yearly pass, can you go outside Colchester with it?
Original post by jakemittle
That yearly pass, can you go outside Colchester with it?

The yearly pass for £160 only covers Colchester. A yearly pass which covers Clacton and Marks Tey costs £285, whilst a yearly pass covering the whole of Essex costs £500. Hope that has answered your question :smile:
Original post by CampusCat
The yearly pass for £160 only covers Colchester. A yearly pass which covers Clacton and Marks Tey costs £285, whilst a yearly pass covering the whole of Essex costs £500. Hope that has answered your question :smile:

Thanks a lot :smile:
Do you know how much a return costs from the uni to the main square in Colchester?
Original post by jakemittle
Thanks a lot :smile:
Do you know how much a return costs from the uni to the main square in Colchester?

No worries! I believe it costs around £3 to get a return from Uni into town :smile:
I live in Chelmsford. The train journey will be about 20 Minutes, and then about 20 minutes walk. I'm starting in 2 weeks and I'm incredibly nervous. I have to commute for some family-related reasons.
Original post by nebulousViolet
I live in Chelmsford. The train journey will be about 20 Minutes, and then about 20 minutes walk. I'm starting in 2 weeks and I'm incredibly nervous. I have to commute for some family-related reasons.

I am commuting to Essex uni aswell! Feeling a little nervous too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending