The Student Room Group

accounting and finance

I'm not really a fan of essays, how much essay work is required for accounting and finance?
That's like saying - you don't like blood and you want to be a doctor or you don't like numbers and you want to be an engineer. Like bruh...
Original post by stormqwd
I'm not really a fan of essays, how much essay work is required for accounting and finance?

Hi, a friendly guy doing A&F helped me answer this question. He said it varies from Uni to Uni, like the higher ranked unis are more mathematical than the lower etc..
Here is what he had said to me...

'And what are the exams like; essay based or something else?This will vary from uni to uni, but I'll do a breakdown of my exams so you can get a better idea .- First year semester 1: 2 100% theory exams (1 fully essay based, 1 MCQ and essay mix). 2 combo exams (a mix of theory/essay work and calculations).- First year semester 2: 1 fully essay based exam, 3 combo exams.- Second year semester 1: 1 fully essay based exam, 3 combo exams.- Second year semester 2: 2 fully essay based exams, 2 combo exams. - Third year semester 1: 1 fully essay based exam, 2 combo exams.- Third year semester 2: 2 fully essay based exams.'
Reply 3
Original post by Ze Witcher
Hi, a friendly guy doing A&F helped me answer this question. He said it varies from Uni to Uni, like the higher ranked unis are more mathematical than the lower etc..
Here is what he had said to me...

'And what are the exams like; essay based or something else?This will vary from uni to uni, but I'll do a breakdown of my exams so you can get a better idea .- First year semester 1: 2 100% theory exams (1 fully essay based, 1 MCQ and essay mix). 2 combo exams (a mix of theory/essay work and calculations).- First year semester 2: 1 fully essay based exam, 3 combo exams.- Second year semester 1: 1 fully essay based exam, 3 combo exams.- Second year semester 2: 2 fully essay based exams, 2 combo exams. - Third year semester 1: 1 fully essay based exam, 2 combo exams.- Third year semester 2: 2 fully essay based exams.'

Sounds like a lot of essays, I think I'll just study Economics instead, Thanks for your help
Sounds like a lot of essays, I think I'll just study Economics instead, Thanks for your help

Oh wait, hang on. His A&F did more essays but other uni's won't, they'd be more exam, maths based. It all depends on the Uni really, and I think Economics has a fair amount of essays as well. :smile:

It depends on the uni/ specific course, but Econ is generally more essay based than A&F or similar...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending