The Student Room Group

Weight problem

I'm female and 5'7. I eat well, exercise regularly and am slim everywhere apart from my stomach. I can't ever seem to lose weight there. Anyone experience this or know how I can change this?
Reply 1
Original post by TheBirdman
I'm female and 5'7. I eat well, exercise regularly and am slim everywhere apart from my stomach. I can't ever seem to lose weight there. Anyone experience this or know how I can change this?

If you use the gym try core isolation work (even if you don't use the gym theres still plenty you can do):

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/exercises/isolation

Do them multiple times a week and over time build the volume of your sets and you should notice the effects.
Your stomach is generally the last place on your body where you lose fat (i.e. the rest is likely to become skinny first). Simply, eating well and going running/cycling (to the extent you're tired afterwards) several times a week is probably the best way of losing fat from your stomach (sit ups are definitely not the best way, since it isn't possible to lose fat from specific locations on the body - your total body fat needs to decrease, and aerobic excercise is excellent for this)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Alexoso
If you use the gym try core isolation work (even if you don't use the gym theres still plenty you can do):

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/exercises/isolation

Do them multiple times a week and over time build the volume of your sets and you should notice the effects.

Original post by SunnysideSea
Your stomach is generally the last place on your body where you lose fat (i.e. the rest is likely to become skinny first). Simply, eating well and going running/cycling (to the extent you're tired afterwards) several times a week is probably the best way of losing fat from your stomach (sit ups are definitely not the best way, since it isn't possible to lose fat from specific locations on the body - your total body fat needs to decrease, and aerobic excercise is excellent for this)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I will do both of these :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by TheBirdman
Thanks, I will do both of these :smile:

As with working any muscle group don't work core consecutively e.g (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday). You need to give yourself recovery time, so if you aren't doing particularly strenuous work alternate e.g. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Rest is just as important as work.
Reply 5
It's often said you can't burn fat in a specific area which is true but you can tone it with plenty of abdominal workouts, this will build muscle and tighten the area making it look less fat and more shaped, the muscle burns fat (not necessarily in that area tho) which will help you towards burning that belly fat! I'm afraid it's just genetics, be glad it isn't your face becuase some people are so slim but can't get rid of that chubby face and double chin. Sadly for me, a guy, it's my buttocks where the fat just won't burn, I think it makes the girls a little jealous tho.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending