The Student Room Group

Further Maths

Is there any website that lets you home study AS Further Mathematics?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shazen

Depends on the exam board.
Reply 2
Youtube.
Reply 3
The further maths support programme http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/

Speak to your school about getting online lectures from here.
You don't need more than the textbooks and past papers
Original post by h8skoooooool

Got there before me ... Was going to suggest FMSP :colondollar:
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Got there before me ... Was going to suggest FMSP :colondollar:

Haha it was an absolute life saver for me this year, otherwise I would never have finished my modules :tongue:
Haha it was an absolute life saver for me this year, otherwise I would never have finished my modules :tongue:

AS or A2? And If A2 did you get a place at a uni?
Reply 9
Original post by Shazen

There's YouTube videos for pretty much every topic at AS and A2 level. I've self taught FP1 , M2 and some M3 just from searching around online a bit. You don't need loads of resources, just the time to practice lots&lots of questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you used this before?
AS or A2? And If A2 did you get a place at a uni?

Just AS, I'll be continuing with my lectures for A2 though

How about you?
Original post by Shazen
Have you used this before?

Yup, I used it this year with my AS modules and will continue to do so for A2. I find that ideas are so much easier to grasp when you can hear someone explain things to you, and go through it step by step.
Yup, I used it this year with my AS modules and will continue to do so for A2. I find that ideas are so much easier to grasp when you can hear someone explain things to you, and go through it step by step.

Ohh ok basically will this enrol me on to do FM?
Just AS, I'll be continuing with my lectures for A2 though

How about you?
Ah same i'm AS. Doing Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry next year. Want to study Maths at university. Hbu?
Original post by Shazen
Ohh ok basically will this enrol me on to do FM?

Enrol you? Well you have to talk to an exams officer to be entered for actual exams. Are you currently at school/college?

This website is purely a teaching aid.
Ah same i'm AS. Doing Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry next year. Want to study Maths at university. Hbu?

I'm doing the same next year, plus physics :smile:

I was set on studying physics at uni but now I'm not so sure as I really enjoy maths - so maybe a joint honours? But I don't want to go through STEP so maybe I'll just stick with physics :laugh:

What unis will you be applying for?
Enrol you? Well you have to talk to an exams officer to be entered for actual exams. Are you currently at school/college?

This website is purely a teaching aid.

Oh ok, isn't there a website like CloudLearn where you buy the course then you can do the qualification?
Original post by Shazen
Oh ok, isn't there a website like CloudLearn where you buy the course then you can do the qualification?

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this website, but I'm pretty sure you can't complete the A Level online (if that is what you're suggesting)? Because you would have to sit an actual exam in an exam centre.

I can't really help with this though, I have no idea how to enter for exams externally! Good luck with your studies
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this website, but I'm pretty sure you can't complete the A Level online (if that is what you're suggesting)? Because you would have to sit an actual exam in an exam centre.

I can't really help with this though, I have no idea how to enter for exams externally! Good luck with your studies

Alright thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest