The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Thinking about starting to play the musical instruments I play again. :gasp: It's been over a year- I just haven't been able to play them or look at any new music or anything just because of the way I've been feeling. :s-smilie: As daft as it sounds, I haven't had it in me to play them. Feeling pulled towards them again though. :smile: Think I'm going to make that my aim for this week. :eek: :headfire:

Do it do it do it! :excited:

:ninja:

Original post by Spock's Socks
Tonight I found some free colouring in apps which is handy when I want to colour in at night or if I'm anxious on a train or car journey or if my OCD is high and I'm scared of being contaminated from the felt tips which sounds silly but happens all too often for me so this is a nice alternative :smile: the app has been keeping me busy for a few hours and hopefully it's tired me out enough for sleep now :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which ones are they out of interest? Keep meaning to try find one, I love 'proper' colouring but it's often too painful for me and you're limited where can do it and stuff as you say
Original post by furryface12
Do it do it do it! :excited:

:ninja:

Which ones are they out of interest? Keep meaning to try find one, I love 'proper' colouring but it's often too painful for me and you're limited where can do it and stuff as you say

Best one I have found is Colorify :smile: it's free and they have all sorts of designs like floral, oriental, animals, patterns etc. I'll add the pic I finished last night so you can see a design :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best one I have found is Colorify :smile: it's free and they have all sorts of designs like floral, oriental, animals, patterns etc. I'll add the pic I finished last night so you can see a design :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, that looks amazing! Will have a go tomorrow, think if I do it now chances of sleep will go even lower cus I'll just keep playing it :tongue: hope you're doing okay!
Uni starts in a month and I'm already freaking out. I'm simply not prepared. I don't have a house sorted. I have to redo my year and I have nothing sorted. I've been declining in health since January lmao. I just hope I pass this year.
Original post by Zizi11
Uni starts in a month and I'm already freaking out. I'm simply not prepared. I don't have a house sorted. I have to redo my year and I have nothing sorted. I've been declining in health since January lmao. I just hope I pass this year.

Write a list in preparation to make sure you get things sorted in a measured way rather than all at the last minute which will only increase your stress. Work steadily throughout the year to do pass at uni.
lol wtf was that.
And why is it 3pm -__-
Haven't slept right in nearly a week and its really starting to take its toll on me mentally and physically :cry2:
My mum keeps questioning me about applying for PIP/ESA because I told her I don't think I'd be able to cope with working full-time (or even part-time) due to everything going on (both with my mental health and physical health). But I can't be bothered to apply for that either. Seems so difficult and I doubt I'd get it anyway, what's the point in putting in all that effort? I'd probably get rejected. And it's not like anything is going to change anyway...I literally don't know what I'm doing with my life. I have an exam resit at the start of September and I've done no work for it - I don't see the point. I've already passed the exam, I don't even need to do it. My parents just wanted me to do it so I could get a first (essentially, they're not happy with my 2.i).

I just feel so...dead.
Feel ill :frown:
Original post by Pathway
My mum keeps questioning me about applying for PIP/ESA because I told her I don't think I'd be able to cope with working full-time (or even part-time) due to everything going on (both with my mental health and physical health). But I can't be bothered to apply for that either. Seems so difficult and I doubt I'd get it anyway, what's the point in putting in all that effort? I'd probably get rejected. And it's not like anything is going to change anyway...I literally don't know what I'm doing with my life. I have an exam resit at the start of September and I've done no work for it - I don't see the point. I've already passed the exam, I don't even need to do it. My parents just wanted me to do it so I could get a first (essentially, they're not happy with my 2.i).

I just feel so...dead.

Grrrr at your parents. I didn't realise you were going ahead with the resit. Don't worry your head about that at all - your 2.1 is absolutely amazing and am so proud of you for that. And everyone else should be proud of you too! Grrr :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Struggling. My life couldn't be going better but my inside is spiraling downwards. What is frustrating is that all people see is how my life is going so well and no one can see through my inner despair.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Grrrr at your parents. I didn't realise you were going ahead with the resit. Don't worry your head about that at all - your 2.1 is absolutely amazing and am so proud of you for that. And everyone else should be proud of you too! Grrr :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, basically everyone offline said I should - if I get a lower grade than I originally got then I keep the old one. So it doesn't really matter I guess. I just couldn't Thank you though. :hugs: I hope you're okay?

:grouphugs: to everyone.
Hey, haven't posted in a while.

In a really bad place at the moment, this MA has really been bad for me. It's almost over but my dissertation's going awfully which is just making things worse. This time last year I was the best I've ever been and likely to get - after a hell of a lot of therapy my outlook on life was far more positive, my social skills were better thanks to working in a theatre and my self confidence was high, now it's like this year's undone all of that. I'm a nervous wreck, my anxiety's sky high and I'm the lowest I've felt in years, I'm feeling overwhelmed in all social situations, having frequent meltdowns and can't sleep.

I've made a doctor's appointment so I can try and get an extension on the dissertation although I couldn't care less about passing at the moment, I just feel I owe it to my parents as they've supported me financially. I did this degree with the best of intentions but I feel it's the biggest mistake I've made and it's had such a negative impact on me, and undone so many years of hard work in terms of learning to live with my autism, anxiety, OCD and depression :frown: I just can't wait for it to be over so I can try and rebuild my life (again).

Apologies for the rant.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm in such a head spin!!
Had an okay day- busy but not stressful- a good chance to recover from my anxious London weekend :smile:
Anyways...
went for a pub quiz with friends tonight, and got wrapped in toilet paper for one of the rounds, and had a small panic attack. They were pretty cool about it, all guys, and I had a fun night in all.
Got home, and an old flame had sent me a few flirty messages. Turns out, he wants me back! It seems almost too perfect, and my emotions are all over the place! He wants to talk it through, and says he treated me unfairly.
I'm so scared that I'll do something wrong and spoil it all. This is the first day in a few months that I've got genuine hope and excitement. It feels amazing
want to be left alone
Original post by Anonymous
want to be left alone

Something happened, or a general feeling?
Original post by Ezme39
Something happened, or a general feeling?

general feeling

Glad you are ok btw :hugs:
I got my PIP results. I didn't get :frown: I got 6 points for daily living and 4 for mobility. Can't say I'm surprised with the results tbh.

The report is quite contradicting though. Some of what they have wrote is blatant lies! No shock there.

And so begins the appeal, I suppose. I really cba with that though :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my PIP results. I didn't get :frown: I got 6 points for daily living and 4 for mobility. Can't say I'm surprised with the results tbh.

The report is quite contradicting though. Some of what they have wrote is blatant lies! No shock there.

And so begins the appeal, I suppose. I really cba with that though :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did they lie about?

Hope the appeal and everything goes well :hugs:*
Original post by Noodlzzz
What did they lie about?

Hope the appeal and everything goes well :hugs:*

That I don't need help with my bowel condition and that incontinence is rare despite my doctor confirming I get it a few times a week at least and I'm going for more tests, that I don't have a cognitive or mental condition that prevents me from eating or engaging with people which is the polar opposite from the letter my GP sent in saying I need nutritional help due to restrictive diet of what I can or can't eat due to my contamination fears plus my bowel and that I have paranoia, especially with strangers and I cant go out alone and that I have verbally lashed out at strangers before which contradicts what the DWP say that I'm fine and dandy with people.

Thanks, will keep you all updated with everything :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest