The Student Room Group

AS level fail don't know where to go from here

Iv just got my as level results back recently and they were really bad, i got EUU in sociology psychology and business and i have no idea what to do, do i stay on to sixth form and just resit my exams or do i go to college and retake a year im so confused???😣😣
Original post by Isamali123
Iv just got my as level results back recently and they were really bad, i got EUU in sociology psychology and business and i have no idea what to do, do i stay on to sixth form and just resit my exams or do i go to college and retake a year im so confused???😣😣

Im sorry about your results! It really depends on how much work you're willing to put in! If you want to work really hard, continue your second year but do well in those exams. Bringing up your grades to Bs or As should easily get you a place at a decent university (if thats where your heading.)
Reply 2
I know i didnt work hard enough to earn decent grades but im afraid that if i resit that im going to just fail again because a2 has alot and then regret not doing an extra year but then i dont want to fall behind and do three years instead of two and would college be any different if i moved to do my a2 there instead of sixth form?
I know i didnt work hard enough to earn decent grades but im afraid that if i resit that im going to just fail again because a2 has alot and then regret not doing an extra year but then i dont want to fall behind and do three years instead of two and would college be any different if i moved to do my a2 there instead of sixth form?

Fair enough. If you are willing to work hard, repeat your first year again!

College would be different in the sense that you would be doing a diploma instead. Not as easy to get into uni (unless you want a job straight after).
Reply 4
So would yiu say my best bet is to just carry on with a2 and do my as alongside it rather than do an extra year because it is harder to get into uni?
So would you say my best bet is to just carry on with a2 and do my as alongside it rather than do an extra year because it is harder to get into uni?

I would say so! Trust yourself to work really hard this year to bring your grades up! I know of people who failed their AS levels but did decent for A2 because they put the work in.
Reply 6
Ok thanks for the advice!!

Quick Reply

Latest