The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of essex, colchester campus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YoungerHamii2014
Oh yes, I know what's gonna be there but nothing to do with Level Up. Better keep it as a surprise haha!

We've got pool tables and board games. We serve both soft and alcoholic drinks but our range is not as wide as the SU bars, so Level Up is practically an entertainment bar. It's also quite convenient for those who want to go to Frangos and grab a quick food fix as we're right next door to them.

Yeah that was me exactly, I just stick to cappuccino with a bit of sugar and I'm all good! Frappucino aren't bad either, especially if you get a chocolate or caramel flavoured one.

The caramel crème frapp from Starbucks is alright.

Well I only have to wait a few more weeks to find out what's there. I just hope I'm not disappointed because there seems to be a lot of hype over what's gonna be at that space.

I hope its a pretzel shop or some sort of bakery but that's just me and my wishful thinking. I really do think its food related though because I don't think anyone would get this excited if it wasn't about food. Or maybe that's just me :biggrin:

Thanks for answering all my questions, really helpful :smile:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by Lauren_1609
I'm in Harwich too! Which Block are you in??

Mine says HAC20.4 :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by YoungerHamii2014
It depends on the individual. I lived in south courts (Harwich) for first year and North Towers (William Morris) for second year and I liked the best of both worlds. If you want more personal space and better hospitality then South Courts and Houses are the way to go, espscially with it being convenient for your lectures and en suite is the bonus. Towers is the way to go if you want to save money, have flat parties and meet more people as you're sharing the floor with 14/15 others but for me the social aspect is no different living in South Courts or Houses. Hope this has helped mate :wink:

How many people are there staying in a harwich court flat? And are the kitchens really small? Also do you have flat parties in south courts too and can you go to flat parties in the towers?
Original post by MikNad
Hey guys, I'm starting Law this year, got an accommodation offer for Manningtree Court, the room details say "MAC2.2/A" - does this mean Block.Flat/Room?

Yep, or Building/Flat/Room
Original post by Toto123
Mine says HAC20.4 :smile:

Aww I'm in 12.1 :smile:
Original post by Hemingway
All kinds, but not only. I also read e-mails, shopping lists, commercial billboards, and whatever is made up of letters :wink:

I've ready maybe 20 books so far this year and I'm trying to get to around 35-40 before the year ends :smile:. I read mostly modern books.

I've always wondered if those famous authors of classics from the 19th and 20th century knew their books would be so famous. Did they intentionally put all those literary devices in their work or did it all just come out naturally when they were writing? Would they have ever guessed that thousands of students from around the world would study their books in the future?
Original post by Toto123
How many people are there staying in a harwich court flat? And are the kitchens really small? Also do you have flat parties in south courts too and can you go to flat parties in the towers?

It's between 4-6 people in each flat, the numbers depends on if there's a boiler room in a flat or if there are double rooms. The kitchens are the smallest of all the accommodations I believe. There are a few flat parties, I remember going to ones in Harwich, Alfesford and Walton court in my first year but all the wild ones are in towers and it's good if you're a part of a sports club or good friends with someone who is a part of a club
Manningtree Court! Wsup.
Original post by Sophie.1997
There's quite a few people here staying at the quays, see you all there 😁

So am I. i dont understand how the room system works tho?
Original post by Sophie.1997
I'm nervous too as I'm pretty shy 😭 I think we'll be fine though because everyone will be in the same boat

Shyness is my specialty 😄 Fingers crossed! I'm definitely looking forward to it, just a bit apprehensive.. I try not to think too much about the meeting side of it if I can XD
Original post by undine_monty
I'm nervous as well but I'm up for the challenge of meeting new people despite my shyness :smile: . What societies/sports clubs are you gonna join? I'm probably gonna join the Harry Potter one and possibly the eSports one. I just wish there was a chess club though :frown:

I get what you mean, I have that feeling, but sometimes it's overrun by shyness 😄 I'm not sure about societies yet- I've had a quick look. All I know for certain is that I'm going to join at least one thing that pushes me out of my comfort zone! Maybe you could start a chess club?
Original post by katielousmith
I get what you mean, I have that feeling, but sometimes it's overrun by shyness 😄 I'm not sure about societies yet- I've had a quick look. All I know for certain is that I'm going to join at least one thing that pushes me out of my comfort zone! Maybe you could start a chess club?

Haha, I don't know how to play chess. The reason I wanted to join a chess club was so someone could teach me 😄

It is an idea though, starting a chess club even if I don't know how to play. I could do a little more research on it and put all the effort in to form a new society. It will show how committed I am to learning. People have done stranger things to get what they want 😊
heeyy!
Original post by BIMMERBENZ
Manningtree Court! Wsup.

supp! :smile:
Original post by ohmarnz
Hi anyone in South Courts - MANNINGTREE COURT?

hey! I am :smile:
Reply 95
Harwich court (south courts) anyone?
Reply 96
Original post by MikNad
Hey guys, I'm starting Law this year, got an accommodation offer for Manningtree Court, the room details say "MAC2.2/A" - does this mean Block.Flat/Room?
omg same!! and basically i think the 2.2 is the court. Heres a link with all the Co-ordinators and court details

http://www.essex.ac.uk/accommodation/documents/southteamcontacts.pdf
Reply 97
Original post by janellecxx
hey! I am :smile:

so am i!
Original post by LoveSandu
Ikr :biggrin: I'm specifically in Sainty Quay, I don't know what that means though :s-smilie:

same!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by undine_monty
Haha, I don't know how to play chess. The reason I wanted to join a chess club was so someone could teach me 😄

It is an idea though, starting a chess club even if I don't know how to play. I could do a little more research on it and put all the effort in to form a new society. It will show how committed I am to learning. People have done stranger things to get what they want 😊

Makes sense to learn to do something you didn't know before, and chances are there are other people that are thinking the same thing. Exactly, would definitely look good on your cv 😃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending