The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths

Discount is 10% right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

think it's 15%
Original post by jneill
Yes, I would expect it's in Fresher's week. Maybe just after matriculation as you are then a formal member of college...

The only thing I'm pretty sure is it won't happen until the formality of becoming a member of college is at least well under way or completed. Gaining access to Raven is linked to officially becoming a college/university member, if I remember correctly, because there're lots of info exclusive to outsiders in there.
But I also remember she had access to their system (def. not Raven) before that but it might be the same one she was using during the application/admission process......... Or might've been another one after the offer was confirmed until matriculation and switched to Raven after matriculation.............??????????

Sorry, you need to ask current students for more reliable info.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Whizbox
When do we get our Raven and email accounts sorted is it in freshers week or before?

Both require raven(setting up Unidays requires that or a uniadress).
When do we get them btw?(if you know ofcourse?)

Original post by vincrows
Sorry, you need to ask current students for more reliable info.

Officially it's "soon" :smile:

Thanks to this reply from @Peterhouse Admissions
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=67129390&postcount=73

Which references this: http://www.uis.cam.ac.uk/for-students/gettingstarted
(edited 7 years ago)

yep, 'Student Registry', that's the one I was thinking about. Just couldn't remember when that happened.
It's 5 years ago already!! :tongue:
Original post by Whizbox
When do we get our Raven and email accounts sorted is it in freshers week or before?

I definitely had my email address before arriving at college probably a few weeks beforehand.

The earliest email I can find in my email account is from 7 September and it's a "welcome to the MML mailing list" one so that is probably about when it was set up.

In fact I've gone into my personal email and it turns out I was emailed my CRSid (learn the terminology :tongue: that's the bit that comes before the @cam.ac.uk bit) on 17 August, but by the college so this may be different for different colleges.
Original post by jneill
Yes, I would expect it's in Fresher's week. Maybe just after matriculation as you are then a formal member of college...

I got mine some time in September, it's definitely way before matriculation.

- Actually I just checked and my first email was received on the 28th of August, so definitely soon :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Let's hope there isn't much gap between a grown-up's definition of "soon" and that of very excited teenagers'. :tongue:
Has anybody here received a CAS from the university yet? Other uni students have already begun receiving them yesterday, but haven't heard anything from King's.
Original post by Zacken
Has anybody here received a CAS from the university yet? Other uni students have already begun receiving them yesterday, but haven't heard anything from King's.

King's was always a little slow for sending everything out though, took 2 weeks just for offer to update on track :tongue:
Original post by EnglishMuon
King's was always a little slow for sending everything out though, took 2 weeks just for offer to update on track :tongue:

one of the drawbacks to a popular college. :tongue:

You ready to be gawked at by chinese tourists? :lol:
Original post by Zacken

Yea thats y i applied. We should learn to do some street magic outside the main gate for them
Original post by Zacken

Nothing to do with being a 'popular' college. They only have to deal with the fixed number of freshers that they've known for ages they'd have to deal with every year. :wink:
You just need to be a little more patient. Don't worry what other unis are doing.
Cambridge does things in their own way and they always do them in time, no matter which college you are.
Original post by EnglishMuon
Yea thats y i applied. We should learn to do some street magic outside the main gate for them

the twin kings mathmos act, maybe it'll become an age old tradition

Original post by vincrows
Nothing to do with being a 'popular' college. They only have to deal with the fixed number of freshers that they've known for ages they'd have to deal with every year. :wink:
You just need to be a little more patient. Don't worry what other unis are doing.
Cambridge does things in their own way and they always do them in time, no matter which college you are.

Fair enough, being patient is so hard at this stage. :lol:
Original post by Zacken
the twin kings mathmos act, maybe it'll become an age old tradition

Fair enough, being patient is so hard at this stage. :lol:

Stop talking zacin plz.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stop talking zacin plz.

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't get jelly just cus ur not good enough at card tricks/juggling to perform in the street so u gotta spend ur time getting a 1st from cambridge.
Does anyone (*cough* jneill *cough* :smile: ) know when the application statistics are updated?

Just curious how many (2 to 6 probably) other mathmos there'll be at my college
Original post by Mathemagicien
Does anyone (*cough* jneill *cough* :smile: ) know when the application statistics are updated?

I'll check when I get a chance but I don't think it's for a while. November perhaps.

Edit: Yep from looking at previous years it's not till November. Should be 2016 acceptances and perhaps 2017 applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3798

Yeah I'm just here to agree with jneill. I'm fairly certain it's not until well after you get to Cambridge.

no. of mathmos at ur college r probably fixed, if needed they mite have taken from the pool.
+-1 that is.

Latest

Trending

Trending