The Student Room Group

Retaking GCSE

Hi I am worried about not getting accepted into university since I have to retake my English GCSE language in yr 13. I got 4 A's in AS and English is my second language. Also when university say C in english gcse at the entry requirement does that mean a C before entering the uni so by the end of yr 13 or a C when applying so at the end of ur 12?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
It means at the end of year 13. So when you apply for Ucas or however else you decide to apply, you just add what your predicted grade for GCSE English will be after year 13 (Before entering Uni). C:
Reply 2
So I can still apply for university right now without a pass in English as long as I pass at the end of yr 13?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Senhuang
So I can still apply for university right now without a pass in English as long as I pass at the end of yr 13?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. Universities will probably make achieving a certain grade in GCSE English Language part of your entry conditions.
Reply 4
Yes, just make sure you make it clear that it is predicted, there is an option for that on Ucas; to say either if it's predicted or if you already have the grade. Also, if you talk to your teacher he/she should be able to give you better help face-to-face than I can. C:
Reply 5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending