The Student Room Group

2016 A-level Remarks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maths is Life
Nice one!
You get dat A* and if you don't you could just resit the module for a laugh

Thanks for your encouragement haha
Is there anything that can be done to challenge the remark? I really need that 1 mark
Nice one!
You get dat A* and if you don't you could just resit the module for a laugh

I'm off to do a maths degree but am considering retaking c3 for a laugh seeing as 88ums will give me an A* in maths ; very tempting 😂
Anyone had unit 5 bio AQA remarked?
Original post by thegoon2013
Is there anything that can be done to challenge the remark? I really need that 1 mark

Erm I doubt it ; ask your exams officer ... I think you can appeal it ??
Reply 25
Who sent a remark to AQA?! and how was it?
Got my remark back for English lit edexcel. It don't go up at all, all I needed was 2 UMS

Stupid regulations

Regardless of the outcome, I just hope mine comes quickly as that! This uncertainty sucks! Have a feeling Aqa will take their time though

I also sent English Literature, most likely be appealing cos like you said new system means marks won't change at all.

I got 86/120 ums in exam when I was getting 85-90/100 raw in class which is 120/120 ums all year.
Got A*A*B with only 1 UMS off to an A in music and rejected by my firmed uni for maths. Still waiting for the remark outcomes (music comp).
How long can you wait to send a paper to get remarked?? As in do I have to send it immediately?
Original post by fefssdf
I'm off to do a maths degree but am considering retaking c3 for a laugh seeing as 88ums will give me an A* in maths ; very tempting 😂

What did you get in C4? 92UMS?
C3?
Original post by Mingdu Li
Got A*A*B with only 1 UMS off to an A in music and rejected by my firmed uni for maths. Still waiting for the remark outcomes (music comp).

What was your firmed Uni?
Hope they give you a place
Reply 32
I sent off biology unit 5 for a remark(AQA). I got A*A*AB and missed my firm choice by 2 ums. I've been waiting for 5 days back and I've heard nothing yet. It's so frustrating as my university place is riding on this!! Has anyone heard back from AQA?
Original post by Ktz98
I sent off biology unit 5 for a remark(AQA). I got A*A*AB and missed my firm choice by 2 ums. I've been waiting for 5 days back and I've heard nothing yet. It's so frustrating as my university place is riding on this!! Has anyone heard back from AQA?

I'm waiting for aqa english still!
What was your firmed Uni?
Hope they give you a place

UCL. I achieved 100ums in both C3 and C4, also Distinction in AEA maths, but they refused to take me because of 1mark off to an A in music. Sigh. Good luck to you too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone getting re-mark for edexcel music comp?
(edited 7 years ago)
I was getting straight A/A*'s all throughout the year for law and when i opened my results im sure you can believe me when i say i was shocked to see an E!!!! im sending both papers back for remark as im praying there was a mistake or just a really harsh marker - it doesnt really bother me that it was an E itself but the fact that i felt decently confident when i came out of the hall and thought i could even scrape an A, maybe a B - never in my wildest dream and E. Im with IAL which is under pearson, edexcel! it's so scary now reading all this as clearly remarking is getting stricter and stricter!
AQA computing
from B to A
UCL. I achieved 100ums in both C3 and C4, also Distinction in AEA maths, but they refused to take me because of 1mark off to an A in music. Sigh. Good luck to you too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Holy ****
A D in AEA is bloody amazing - ****UCL you deserve better - who the **** wants to do STEP papers tho?

Posted from TSR Mobile

WTF they declined your maths place , because of music ?

Quick Reply

Latest