The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlevelBiologist
Why ask then 😂

In case there's someone here who lives in Birmingham and may go to the same college as me
Why ask then 😂

love your username g
Original post by mehulthemonkey
love your username g

Cheers man 👍
Original post by Anmol_.
In case there's someone here who lives in Birmingham and may go to the same college as me

Yeah I have been trying to find people too, I hope there are loads of externals coming to my sixth form because I really want new people
Yeah I have been trying to find people too, I hope there are loads of externals coming to my sixth form because I really want new people

Same which is why I want to go Birmingham sixth form because nobody from my school will be going there so hopefully I'll make new friends and it'll officially be a new start which is just what I want!
Original post by katiecatp
I missed a lot of school due to anxiety related issues so for the last 2 years of my education I went to a pupil referral unit and completed my GCSE'S there. Unfortunately we were not given the full curriculum so I only got 7 D's. I went to college and completed Level 2 Animal Care Diploma and I am now looking at a future as a Professional Dog groomer (which I am starting in september). Whilst I was studying animal care I completed my Maths GCSE and got my grade C which is classed as a pass. This year I got another diploma in employability skills and took my english GCSE exam. I only started going to the classes properly in April of this year as I was too scared to go before that. I was originally looking at maybe getting another D but now I am on track for a high B possible A grade. Just waiting for the wjec english grade boundaries to come out so I have more of an idea of what I achieved but what my point is, is that it's never too late x

professional dog groomer, my g
good luck :smile:
Original post by usycool1
So how are you guys going to pass time over the next two days? :smile:

At the library preparing for AS innit
Original post by geeorgie
ahhh i hope you do okay!!!! i don't take my GCSE's until next year lol but i'm sure you'll have done brilliantly :smile:

aw thanks for the words of encouragement!
Original post by Anmol_.

Oh crap, another brummie!

Posted from TSR Mobile
what time do the grade boundaries come out tomorrow?
My expected grades are As and A*s across the board but I never managed to grasp French from year 7 nor Computer Science as an option choice. Honestly, I'm just hoping I get my 5 A*s - Cs with a B in chemistry to get my sixth form requirements down :eek:
Original post by icy_typhoon
what time do the grade boundaries come out tomorrow?

From midnight - 8am depending on the board

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just can't believe we're finally seeing the grade boundaries tonight :u:
Original post by chloechurcher
I just can't believe we're finally seeing the grade boundaries tonight :u:

do all exam boards give them out midnight or is it only certain ones?
@twhiddy - all exam boards except AQA give out midnight..AQA do it between 8-10am.
Guys, follow the GCSE GB thread created by @Changing Skies yesterday on the GCSE forum.
Original post by sulaimanali
@twhiddy - all exam boards except AQA give out midnight..AQA do it between 8-10am.

Thank you!!
Guys..Imagine this:

I was scrolling through the comments on this thread and noticed one TSRian complaining about GB of English and not being to calculate the marks using the GB as the subject is 'subjective'...

So...

Imagine if there was only a limit to how many A*s (top grade) could be given out, and subsequently all the other grades ...e.g

100,000 students take GCSEs every year...and across all exam boards only 20,000 children in English Lit could be given A*s etc..
@twhiddy welcome :smile:
Original post by TheAnon121
What did you guys think of edexcel English language and lit exams??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did them but honestly I can't even remember them and they are so subjective/hit or miss so I hope I get an A in at least one of them...