Which course?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Gman786
Which course?

computing
Reply 3
you need to be predicted A*AA minimum. You got decent grades.. Idk about the B in computing though, they might look down on that. Apply and see what happens. Whats there to lose?
Reply 4
Original post by sideshowbobya
Hey all , not a nice day for me I feel my as grades are below other applicants and am wondering if applying to UCL as my first choice is a waste.

gcse 4a*2a

as
maths - a(93 ums)
furthermaths - a (83 ums)
physics - b (missing a by 6 marks)
computing - b (missing a by 3 marks)

extra
fsmq - A

spoke to my teachers and I am expected to get a*aa predictions but I still feel like I have thrown away a chance to study at ucl with such a poor showing (in my opinion) at as.

What would you recommend I do apart from get highest possible grades at a2 ? worth taking step ?

STEP? Dear god, no please don't waste your time with that. It's ungodly difficult and really has very little benefit for our course. Only small benefit is if they're impressed you're taking it, but honestly anyone can TAKE STEP, doing well is the hard part...

I'd say it's worth applying and seeing how you fare but it's possible that you won't get an offer (I think it's become quite competitive recently), even though your strong mathematical ability means that you'd definitely be able to handle the course. Worth applying, for sure and I hope to see you here next year.
Original post by TVIO
STEP? Dear god, no please don't waste your time with that. It's ungodly difficult and really has very little benefit for our course. Only small benefit is if they're impressed you're taking it, but honestly anyone can TAKE STEP, doing well is the hard part...

I'd say it's worth applying and seeing how you fare but it's possible that you won't get an offer (I think it's become quite competitive recently), even though your strong mathematical ability means that you'd definitely be able to handle the course. Worth applying, for sure and I hope to see you here next year.

Thank you for help it has really helped change my options for upcoming year ,
My re-mark returned today with A in computing meaning I am now aaab with physics re mark inbound , I decided not to try for step but will continue with MAT as I would like something extra.

Hope to see you there next year , assuming I get an offer haha.
Reply 6
Original post by sideshowbobya
Thank you for help it has really helped change my options for upcoming year ,
My re-mark returned today with A in computing meaning I am now aaab with physics re mark inbound , I decided not to try for step but will continue with MAT as I would like something extra.

Hope to see you there next year , assuming I get an offer haha.

Hope I see you here too. If you're applying to imperial be aware that they can give out STEP offers (though I think the cycle I applied in was most screwed by this policy of theirs), so obviously do it if they stipulate it as part of the offer. But honestly, it's such a difficult exam and it demoralised me a bit.

Congrats on the remark, and best of luck.
Original post by TVIO
Hope I see you here too. If you're applying to imperial be aware that they can give out STEP offers (though I think the cycle I applied in was most screwed by this policy of theirs), so obviously do it if they stipulate it as part of the offer. But honestly, it's such a difficult exam and it demoralised me a bit.

Congrats on the remark, and best of luck.

How about AAB in maths, physics and fmath, and going to study physics?
Reply 8
Original post by samendrag
How about AAB in maths, physics and fmath, and going to study physics?

I don't know much about the physics course, but since it asks for AAA and you're only a little off I'd say it's worth a shot to apply. The mindset I had when applying was that I'd rather 'waste' one of my choices at the top and be rejected than 'waste' it at the bottom and just turn down that uni anyway because I don't need/want it. I would've regretted it a lot if I hadn't been a little ambitious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending