The Student Room Group

Lost my A-level, AS-level and GCSE results/certificates

I'm 21 and finished school 3 years ago. I applied for City University London through clearing this month and was accepted on the condition that I send proof of my A-level, AS-level and GCSE results. Thing is, I've lost all sorts of proof. How do I go about reacquiring these, or are they lost forever?
(edited 7 years ago)
Just a speculation, but maybe contact the places where you've achieved those qualifications? I'm sure they'd have some sort of archives or something...
Reply 2
Original post by AnnaRainbows
Just a speculation, but maybe contact the places where you've achieved those qualifications? I'm sure they'd have some sort of archives or something...

That - they keep your records for a number of years and then they remove it
Original post by Opsimath
I'm 21 and finished school 3 years ago. I applied for City University London through clearing this month and was accepted on the condition that I send proof of my A-level, AS-level and GCSE results. Thing is, I've lost all sorts of proof. How do I go about reacquiring these, or are they lost forever?

You can request replacements from your examiners. They have details of the process and cost on their web sites. It will take a bit of time and It will be expensive to replace them all. You'll have to pay a fee to each different examiner for each of the years you certified GCSE or A level qualifications with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
You can request replacements from your examiners. They have details of the process and cost on their web sites. It will take a bit of time and It will be expensive to replace them all. You'll have to pay a fee to each different examiner for each of the years you certified GCSE or A level qualifications with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers. AQA's site says it takes up to a month to process the application though... will the Uni wait for that? I think the course starts before that even.
Cheers. AQA's site says it takes up to a month to process the application though... will the Uni wait for that? I think the course starts before that even.

They don't have to, but there is more chance that they will if you keep them informed every step of the way. Get onto them straight away and explain the situation.
Reply 6
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
They don't have to, but there is more chance that they will if you keep them informed every step of the way. Get onto them straight away and explain the situation.

Called them and told them how long it'd take, they ended up contacting my school and getting the results haha. Just got accepted. Bizarre, but cheers for the help
Called them and told them how long it'd take, they ended up contacting my school and getting the results haha. Just got accepted. Bizarre, but cheers for the help

Well, there you go. That's great!:smile:
Just saw this thread @Opsimath - how did they contact your old school for that information? I am in a similar dilemma and rather stressed about needing to pay a lot just to get my A-level certificates... If I were to need to contact my old school, what would I need to ask exactly? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending