The Student Room Group

Radiography urgent help

broke my leg from June onwards I'm not mobile and haven't done clinical placement, they asked me To send proof by 19aug and I hace nothing, what do I do?
Email also Said I needed to Send it to secure my place , I'm really scared can someone offer advice on what I can do
Original post by Anonnnne
broke my leg from June onwards I'm not mobile and haven't done clinical placement, they asked me To send proof by 19aug and I hace nothing, what do I do?
Email also Said I needed to Send it to secure my place , I'm really scared can someone offer advice on what I can do

Call them
Reply 2
More advice please'. On how this affects me and what can happen
More advice please'. On how this affects me and what can happen

I don't know what you expect people to tell you. You have a fairly unique situation and one few people will know what advice to give. Ring the university and get advice directly from them. Make sure they email you a copy of any agreed decisions/advice etc so that you have proof if you need it in future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will likely need a letter from your GP or orthopaedic link to provide the uni with what they need (although this really should have been done as soon as you had your injury).

You will need to make an appointment to see your personal tutor or one of the placement administrators at the university to work out a plan for going back based on your recovery time. Depending how much time you have lost and your point in the course, it may be possible to make up the hours on other placements or you may need to take a leave of absence, but this is really something you should be having ongoing discussion with the uni about.*

Start to get this organised as soon as possible because there is a lot of admin involved with this and it's better to try and sort it before the new cohort start in September. You will also need an OH appointment for clearance to go back to placement which can also take some time if they are booked up.*
Reply 5
LOOOL no.. I haven't Even started the course yet , u know before u start u need a one day placement, cuz Of my injury I couldn't do that.. I have firmed the offer and such though
Reply 6
Lookin pretty in that dp.. And appreciate your time for answering and I apologise for not stating my query clearer.. I got a diff problem I think
LOOOL no.. I haven't Even started the course yet , u know before u start u need a one day placement, cuz Of my injury I couldn't do that.. I have firmed the offer and such though

Not to be harsh but you've known about this since June. Why are you only sorting it out now?
Have you been in touch with the university? Was the day placement part of your conditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Because it was a nasty surgery, open fracture, had to take lil bone from leg, was hospitalised for over 5 weeks. Etc etc. It wasn't rally on my mind, was on heavy drugs like morphine codeine.. And tbh I kind of forgotten about the placement thingy till I recieved that email lmao
Reply 9
And I'm not really sure if it's part of the offering.. On ucas track I got my place so...
And I'm not really sure if it's part of the offering.. On ucas track I got my place so...

Regarding your visitor message that you need to do the one day placement, this is something you will need to organise with the university, depending whether you are recovered enough to take part. I can't really offer any help/advice without knowing further details, however most of the information I gave previously will still apply, it is likely you will need occupational health clearance etc..*
Reply 11
Original post by ForestCat
Not to be harsh but you've known about this since June. Why are you only sorting it out now?
Have you been in touch with the university? Was the day placement part of your conditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yhhhh
Reply 12
Original post by Charlotte49
Regarding your visitor message that you need to do the one day placement, this is something you will need to organise with the university, depending whether you are recovered enough to take part. I can't really offer any help/advice without knowing further details, however most of the information I gave previously will still apply, it is likely you will need occupational health clearance etc..*

Oki thnx

Quick Reply

Latest