The Student Room Group

Remarking in chemistry

Im 1 mark off an A in chemistry, is it worth a clerical review or remarking? what do i do?!!
Original post by Klimenski
Im 1 mark off an A in chemistry, is it worth a clerical review or remarking? what do i do?!!

Is this an overall grade or just an AS?
If it's a final A2 grade, i'd say it's worth a remark.
If it's an AS you'll be carrying on with next year, you'll easily be able to make up for that extra mark in the coming year
Reply 2
Original post by Thatduck
Is this an overall grade or just an AS?
If it's a final A2 grade, i'd say it's worth a remark.
If it's an AS you'll be carrying on with next year, you'll easily be able to make up for that extra mark in the coming year

Hi,

Its my AS grade and I thought it's worth it as therefore I'll be applying with better grades. I'd like to do physics at Imperial so i thought I'd need as best grades as possible
Reply 3
If it's the new reformed AS level then there isn't really any point as I too got 1 mark off an A but as it doesn't even count towards next year and some schools didn't even sit it I wouldn't bother plus I went to imperial today to talk about applying and the guy said that they are not really going to put any emphasis on AS results this year due to the change and are putting more emphasis on GCSE results ☺️ I really hope this helps! X
Reply 4
Original post by Anna1909
If it's the new reformed AS level then there isn't really any point as I too got 1 mark off an A but as it doesn't even count towards next year and some schools didn't even sit it I wouldn't bother plus I went to imperial today to talk about applying and the guy said that they are not really going to put any emphasis on AS results this year due to the change and are putting more emphasis on GCSE results ☺️ I really hope this helps! X

Thanks it does, but my GCSE's are pretty poor:frown:

Quick Reply