The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Huge hugs, Spock's Socks. These idiots sound so effing incompetent grrrr :mad:

Original post by Pathway
Yeah, basically everyone offline said I should - if I get a lower grade than I originally got then I keep the old one. So it doesn't really matter I guess. I just couldn't Thank you though. :hugs: I hope you're okay?

:grouphugs: to everyone.

I'm sorry you were put under so much pressure :frown: Huge hugs.

I'm sliding a bit but feeling better today than I was yesterday, so hopefully that helps :redface:

Original post by LesPaul_Player91
Hey, haven't posted in a while.

In a really bad place at the moment, this MA has really been bad for me. It's almost over but my dissertation's going awfully which is just making things worse. This time last year I was the best I've ever been and likely to get - after a hell of a lot of therapy my outlook on life was far more positive, my social skills were better thanks to working in a theatre and my self confidence was high, now it's like this year's undone all of that. I'm a nervous wreck, my anxiety's sky high and I'm the lowest I've felt in years, I'm feeling overwhelmed in all social situations, having frequent meltdowns and can't sleep.

I've made a doctor's appointment so I can try and get an extension on the dissertation although I couldn't care less about passing at the moment, I just feel I owe it to my parents as they've supported me financially. I did this degree with the best of intentions but I feel it's the biggest mistake I've made and it's had such a negative impact on me, and undone so many years of hard work in terms of learning to live with my autism, anxiety, OCD and depression :frown: I just can't wait for it to be over so I can try and rebuild my life (again).

Apologies for the rant.

Hey,

I'm so sorry to hear that this process of doing a Master's has been so destructive for you. It's a shame that it's set you back so much :frown: Really hope you can start to successfully rebuild your life again once you've completed it. Hang on in there and know we're all here to support you as you try and get to the finish line :hugs: :console: :yep:

Original post by Ezme39
I'm in such a head spin!!
Had an okay day- busy but not stressful- a good chance to recover from my anxious London weekend :smile:
Anyways...
went for a pub quiz with friends tonight, and got wrapped in toilet paper for one of the rounds, and had a small panic attack. They were pretty cool about it, all guys, and I had a fun night in all.
Got home, and an old flame had sent me a few flirty messages. Turns out, he wants me back! It seems almost too perfect, and my emotions are all over the place! He wants to talk it through, and says he treated me unfairly.
I'm so scared that I'll do something wrong and spoil it all. This is the first day in a few months that I've got genuine hope and excitement. It feels amazing

I hate to sound like a party pooper and I'm not sure what the story is with your old flame... but just make sure if he treated you unfairly once, that you're not letting him back in only for him to do it again :frown:
*shy, low voice* Hi

*Go hides*
Original post by BunnyMidnight
*shy, low voice* Hi

*Go hides*

:hi:
*shy, low voice* Hi

*Go hides*

Are you new here? If so, welcome! :biggrin:

If not, ignore me: I have memory problems :colondollar:

:getmecoat:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Huge hugs, Spock's Socks. These idiots sound so effing incompetent grrrr :mad:

Thank you :hugs: feeling a lot better about it all now. I'm still raging at the report they wrote but I'll just have to get on with it. A good rant about it to my mum and cuddles from my kitties has helped a lot :h:
*shy, low voice* Hi

*Go hides*

Howdy and welcome to the thread :smile: :wavey:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Thank you :hugs: feeling a lot better about it all now. I'm still raging at the report they wrote but I'll just have to get on with it. A good rant about it to my mum and cuddles from my kitties has helped a lot :h:

Glad you're feeling better about it - you're clearly more stoic than me (which is a good thing!) :hugs:
I'm feeling the best I have felt in years :smile: looking forward to starting college soon, my mood isn't low and not hearing many voices:smile:
Original post by 1lastchance
I'm feeling the best I have felt in years :smile: looking forward to starting college soon, my mood isn't low and not hearing many voices:smile:

That's great :smile: Best of luck for college :hugs: what you going to study? :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth

hi *hides, while clutching on white bunny teddy bear* :bunny:

Are you new here? If so, welcome! :biggrin:

If not, ignore me: I have memory problems :colondollar:

:getmecoat:

me new *hides* :bubbles:

Howdy and welcome to the thread :smile: :wavey:

Hi *hide* :charm:
Original post by 1lastchance

That's really great! I hope college goes well for you. :smile:
That's great :smile: Best of luck for college :hugs: what you going to study? :smile:

An access to science course. So excited!
hi *hides, while clutching on white bunny teddy bear* :bunny:

me new *hides* :bubbles:

Hi *hide* :charm:

Awww no need to hide - you are very welcome and should feel at home! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ive ben thinking about leaving college. Im about to start year 13 and im not looking forward to it at all. im an a depressed state most of the time and i can already tell that my anxiety is going to flare up really badly when i'm back. My family aren't really all that understanding of my mental health issues so im basically lost.

Also the wost thing is that my grades have actually gone down and in the mocks that we did i tried my best at them and revising but everyone still managed to get way better results than me so I guess leaving college would be better too??
idk what i want really.
Probably isnt the best place to write this cos this is like a serious thread for serious ppl who acc have serious problems but meh.
I would just like everyone to go away.
What is even the point in asking how i am bc im not going to give u some detailed answer bc everyone is always so busy and has their own issues and im no-ones prerogative so yes.
I just annoy everyone constantly even if they dont say it ik i do.
Just idk meh
Awww no need to hide - you are very welcome and should feel at home! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me very shy and have two forms of anxiety, so it happens. *hides*
I hate these meds..
Original post by Airmed
I hate these meds..

:console:

Side effects?
Original post by Sabertooth
:console:

Side effects?

Yeah :/
Original post by Airmed
Yeah :/

Quetiapine side effects can be pretty bad. :hugs: Though, I have found that a lot of things wear off in time. Although others do not - I've been on it over a year and it still knocks me out at night. What side effects are you experiencing (if you don't mind me asking)?

Latest