The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of essex, colchester campus

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to be studying business management and will be living in the South Courts :smile:
I'm really excited
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by Jasismoran
Yeah, Essex was my firm. I managed an A in the exam (have no idea how) which pushed me up to the B I needed. What topic was your exam on? Mine was on the American civil war.
Yeah, same with mine! some of the questions were phrased really awkwardly & it made it unnecessarily confusing :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done on the A 😊

I got a C in my exam brought my overall to a D. I was honestly really happy with that D because I had this horrible fear that I'd gotten a U overall.

I did the making of modern britain from the 50s to 2007. I was about halfway through the course when I realised it was mostly all about politics and I generally find politics boring but this was different, it was interesting. I also learnt to list all the prime ministers from 1945 up to today 😊
Original post by undine_monty
Well done on the A 😊

I got a C in my exam brought my overall to a D. I was honestly really happy with that D because I had this horrible fear that I'd gotten a U overall.

I did the making of modern britain from the 50s to 2007. I was about halfway through the course when I realised it was mostly all about politics and I generally find politics boring but this was different, it was interesting. I also learnt to list all the prime ministers from 1945 up to today 😊

Thanks! The grades dont matter too much, i was just sooo happy i made it to uni!
Oh wow, haha I managed to memorise the presidents 1-19, which actually wasn't as useful as I thought it would be, haha
Yeah, thats why I didn't like my coursework too much, it was mostly politics too. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EllaM98
I'm going to be studying business management and will be living in the South Courts :smile:
I'm really excited

Harwich court?
Thanks! The grades dont matter too much, i was just sooo happy i made it to uni! Oh wow, haha I managed to memorise the presidents 1-19, which actually wasn't as useful as I thought it would be, hahaYeah, thats why I didn't like my coursework too much, it was mostly politics too. :biggrin:Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh, its almost as if we get a clean slate now we're starting uni. Whatever happened beforehand with our exams or anything else that happened in our personal lives, doesn't matter anymore or matters less because we can do and be anything we want at Essex.

I'm almost glad I went through clearing because I really love Essex and the community feel to it. I never got this vibe anywhere else. I'm looking forward to meeting the campus cat :smile:

I studied the USA for my GCSEs and AS so I learnt the majority of the presidents as well in order. You could ask me any question about the USA from 1890 to now. Like you could say "what was FDR's role in WW2?" and I'd be like "blah blah blah, blah blah blah" giving you the exact right answer in lots of detail because how could I possibly forget something I studied for 3 years straight? :tongue:
Original post by Toto123
Harwich court?

Yeah, I'm in 13.1, how about you?
Yh, its almost as if we get a clean slate now we're starting uni. Whatever happened beforehand with our exams or anything else that happened in our personal lives, doesn't matter anymore or matters less because we can do and be anything we want at Essex.

I'm almost glad I went through clearing because I really love Essex and the community feel to it. I never got this vibe anywhere else. I'm looking forward to meeting the campus cat :smile:

I studied the USA for my GCSEs and AS so I learnt the majority of the presidents as well in order. You could ask me any question about the USA from 1890 to now. Like you could say "what was FDR's role in WW2?" and I'd be like "blah blah blah, blah blah blah" giving you the exact right answer in lots of detail because how could I possibly forget something I studied for 3 years straight? :tongue:

Yeah!
I studied USA for GCSE too! & can barely remember any of it (so worth it!) Also, that last part of your reply sounds like Kelly from the office (hahaha).
Oh my god! I forgot about the cat! I want to meet it so bad :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah! I studied USA for GCSE too! & can barely remember any of it (so worth it!) Also, that last part of your reply sounds like Kelly from the office (hahaha). Oh my god! I forgot about the cat! I want to meet it so bad :biggrin:Posted from TSR Mobile
OMFG OMFG, you watch the office?!! It's like my favourite show in the entire world, no other show makes me laugh as much as the office does :ahee:I occasionally slip in little quotes from the show into my conversations, as you've just seen :tongue:I especially always listen out for situations in conversations on tv and real life where I can say "that's what she said" :awesome:

Have you seen all the seasons? Favourite season? Favourite character?

He's called Pebbles. I don't like it when owners give their pets names like that. I think its disrespectful if they're not given human names.
(edited 7 years ago)
OMFG OMFG, you watch the office?!! It's like my favourite show in the entire world, no other show makes me laugh as much as the office does :ahee:I occasionally slip in little quotes from the show into my conversations, as you've just seen :tongue:I especially always listen out for situations in conversations on tv and real life where I can say "that's what she said" :awesome:Have you seen all the seasons? Favourite season? Favourite character?He's called Pebbles. I don't like it when owners give their pets names like that. I think its disrespectful if they're not given human names.

YES!! I always quote the office! Oh my god Dwight 1000%, I like season 3 I think. But the last episode was so heartbreaking & cute! :biggrin:
Pebbles is pretty cute though, I love cats.
What other shows do you watch?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EllaM98
Yeah, I'm in 13.1, how about you?

20.4 😄
YES!! I always quote the office! Oh my god Dwight 1000%, I like season 3 I think. But the last episode was so heartbreaking & cute! :biggrin:Pebbles is pretty cute though, I love cats.What other shows do you watch?Posted from TSR Mobile

I love all the characters so much but my fav is definitely Michael. The Dwight-Michael relationship was just priceless. I was really sad when Michael and I cried but I was also so happy for him because he was gonna be with Holly and he'd spent so many years searching for someone like her. They were so alike. My favourite seasons are 5,6 and 7 - I can't choose a specific one out of them :smile:. My favourite episodes were the ones where Michael formed the 'Michael Scott Paper Company'. I had so much respect for Michael standing up against Charles and doing that. I wanna look into getting The Office posters and mugs and stuff to decorate my uni room with.The last episode felt weird because it was set a year after they stopped filming and most of them had changed and moved on but it was really nice when they all reunited. I really loved the wedding especially when Michael came back. Dwight and Angela getting together was so overdue. I also loved Pam and Jim's in season 6.

I've always loved cats but Ive never had any. When I get my own place, I want to get two Abyssinian kittens, a boy and a girl :smile: Or Ragdoll ones.

I watch American shows:The Office, Arrested Development, The Middle, The Mindy Project, Law & Order SVU, Grey's Anatomy, CSI: Cyber, Criminal Minds, The 100, Family Guy, American Dad, Grandfathered, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Bob's Burgers

What shows do you watch?
(edited 7 years ago)
Everybody loves Game of Thrones though :smile:
I love all the characters so much but my fav is definitely Michael. The Dwight-Michael relationship was just priceless. I was really sad when Michael and I cried but I was also so happy for him because he was gonna be with Holly and he'd spent so many years searching for someone like her. They were so alike. My favourite seasons are 5,6 and 7 - I can't choose a specific one out of them :smile:. My favourite episodes were the ones where Michael formed the 'Michael Scott Paper Company'. I had so much respect for Michael standing up against Charles and doing that. I wanna look into getting The Office posters and mugs and stuff to decorate my uni room with.The last episode felt weird because it was set a year after they stopped filming and most of them had changed and moved on but it was really nice when they all reunited. I really loved the wedding especially when Michael came back. Dwight and Angela getting together was so overdue. I also loved Pam and Jim's in season 6.

I've always loved cats but Ive never had any. When I get my own place, I want to get two Abyssinian kittens, a boy and a girl :smile: Or Ragdoll ones.

I watch American shows:The Office, Arrested Development, The Middle, The Mindy Project, Law & Order SVU, Grey's Anatomy, CSI: Cyber, Criminal Minds, The 100, Family Guy, American Dad, Grandfathered, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Bob's Burgers

What shows do you watch?

Yeah! It was a happy ending but it was just sad it was the end after so long!
I am watching arrested development right now, Its one of my favourite shows, so funny!
Oh god cats are adorable :biggrin:
I watch a lot of American TV too, Supernatural, Buffy, Ru Paul's drag race stuff like that :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hollie1223
Everybody loves Game of Thrones though :smile:
Haha, Ikr :smile:
I love walking dead too, n thats back in October
Yeah! It was a happy ending but it was just sad it was the end after so long! I am watching arrested development right now, Its one of my favourite shows, so funny!Oh god cats are adorable :biggrin: I watch a lot of American TV too, Supernatural, Buffy, Ru Paul's drag race stuff like that :biggrin:Posted from TSR Mobile

It's definitely my second favourite show. I love all the gags from Arrested Development, its almost as funny as the Office. I used to fancy George Michael. It wasn't weird because it was when I first started watching the show when I was 14 and George Michael was about that age as well. My favourite has definitely got to be Gob though. I loved the first 3 seasons but I really didn't like season 4. I've never even finished the season because it was just too different from the first 3.

I just think American tv is just better than British. I do really like Gogglebox and Call the Midwife though. Do you watch those shows you mentioned on Netflix? I left out 'The Walking Dead' - do you watch that?

Have you heard of the cat 'I love you'? It's where you blink slowly at a cat and if they like you, they slowly blink back. I've been practising on my neighbours 3 cats and 2 blink back but the smaller one never does and she's skittish. She bolts everytime I go out in the garden and she's there.
Reply 136
Original post by Toto123
I'm studying Accounting and Finance and will be staying in south courts. 😄😄

I'm gonna be doing accounting and finance as well but I'm staying at the quays.
It's definitely my second favourite show. I love all the gags from Arrested Development, its almost as funny as the Office. I used to fancy George Michael. It wasn't weird because it was when I first started watching the show when I was 14 and George Michael was about that age as well. My favourite has definitely got to be Gob though. I loved the first 3 seasons but I really didn't like season 4. I've never even finished the season because it was just too different from the first 3.

I just think American tv is just better than British. I do really like Gogglebox and Call the Midwife though. Do you watch those shows you mentioned on Netflix? I left out 'The Walking Dead' - do you watch that?

Have you heard of the cat 'I love you'? It's where you blink slowly at a cat and if they like you, they slowly blink back. I've been practising on my neighbours 3 cats and 2 blink back but the smaller one never does and she's skittish. She bolts everytime I go out in the garden and she's there.

I have a cat and the 'I love you' blink does really work! She does wink at me sometimes too though :wink:

Season 4...yeah definitely not as good, it never had all the characters together!
Yeah I use netflix mostly, except with Supernatural (amazon prime).
No, I haven't watched the walking dead! I've heard its good though :biggrin:
I think I have heard of that cat blinking thing actually but my cat hates me (pretty sure) hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
You should watch the walking dead, but skip season 2. Nothing much happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending