The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

thoughts on the importance of 'news article you enjoyed and how it affects bank x' application questions eg jpm? stuck on what to write about
Original post by jchap9776
thoughts on the importance of 'news article you enjoyed and how it affects bank x' application questions eg jpm? stuck on what to write about

high importance, jp dont have cover letter so the question gives a lot of feel to the recruiter
Original post by TheParham
high importance, jp dont have cover letter so the question gives a lot of feel to the recruiter

bugger, i feel im overthinking which article to use etc
bugger, i feel im overthinking which article to use etc

I don't think it's the actual article that matters rather more how you articulate your answer to show commercial awareness and industry understanding.
Original post by Commercial Paper
I don't think it's the actual article that matters rather more how you articulate your answer to show commercial awareness and industry understanding.

ahhh ok, thanks for your help
ahhh ok, thanks for your help

yeah i meant the question is important to application.. not the actual article, think of growth, challenges, changes, regulations or anything interesting etc that is taking place in the world and relate it to jpm..
dilemma, I did markets at a non-bb bank this summer so now, do I apply for markets at BB or something middle office at BB to have a better chance of getting in? Like I feel like my application would be stronger for markets but at the same time its more competitive.. any thoughts?
Original post by TheParham
yeah i meant the question is important to application.. not the actual article, think of growth, challenges, changes, regulations or anything interesting etc that is taking place in the world and relate it to jpm..

thanks for the advice, I've just written an answer which I hope conveys all these points haha
anyone know if jpm markets is rotational - im guessing so

For markets it is (i think), IBD it's not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
For markets it is (i think), IBD it's not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I agree I dont think IBD is, but I can confirm tech is rolling
Laz phone interview*
No wonder why DB stock is going through the floor, my nan can design a more user friendly online application form
Reply 853

Not rotational, you get hired by a specific desk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 854
Original post by gsbs2
that sucks... was it the standard SJT?

Similar - it was tailored to being an analyst at Lazard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 855
Original post by JimbobJam
Bad luck man. Do you think there was a screening beforehand or did it come through straight away?

I think they screened before SJT (says they do on the website)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95
Not rotational, you get hired by a specific desk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!
Reply 857
Asked it quite a few pages back but i'll try again.

What is the best way to indicate on my cv that i'm doing masters next year but not sure where yet?
Is someone already received the Numerical from Lazard? If yes, how long after you've done the Verbal one. Thks
Original post by ib101
Asked it quite a few pages back but i'll try again.

What is the best way to indicate on my cv that i'm doing masters next year but not sure where yet?

In the education section of my CV I wrote:

"Intend to complete a finance-based MSc in 2017/18"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending